Zain Kenya Jobs: Personal Assistant – Deputy CFO, Airtel Africa
Zain Kenya is a subsidiary of Zain; the pioneer of mobile telecommunications in the Middle East. We began life in 1983 in Kuwait as the region’s first mobile operator, and since the initiation of our expansion strategy in 2003, we have expanded rapidly.
Today, we are a leading mobile and data services operator with a commercial footprint in 8 Middle Eastern and African countries with a workforce of over 5,000 providing a comprehensive range of mobile voice and data services to over 31.4 million** active individual and business customers (March 31, 2010).
Zain Kenya is a dynamic company, and we offer excellent career paths for talented and motivated people. We’re especially keen to hear from people with experience. We are looking for people with good qualifications, training and experience. They should be dynamic, highly motivated and share our progressive approach to work. Our headquarters are in Nairobi, and we have branch operations in Mombasa, Kisumu and Eldoret.
Business Unit: Zain Kenya
Location: Kenya – Nairobi
- Provide strategic assistance and financial analysis support to CFO in all business related matters – including preparation for various reviews, external speaking assignments etc.
- Liaise with Africa top leadership for multiple policy, process and systemic changes
- Plan, coordinate & minute the strategic reviews and meetings and update the CFO on status of various initiatives to ensure that deployments & implementations take place as per the plan. Work with the country Opcos to proactively prepare for the reviews
- Lead identified strategic projects as a program manager (design, project manage and follow up)
- Engage with external bodies and knowledge forums across Africa – Identify suitable external forums for representation by Airtel to build and strengthen the Airtel brand in Africa region
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
Strategy & Financial Planning
- Provide input as required and implement the strategy on specific projects and initiatives. May also be required to perform a supportive role in different phases of the strategy development
- Assist in creation of strategies and financial plans in close coordination with Airtel Africa top leadership and strategic leadership of Opcos
CFO strategic support
- Support decision making abilities of CFO by conducting detailed analysis on key strategic issues; detailed financial analysis (ROI analysis, cost/information analysis etc.), conducting internal and external analysis and research to formulate strategic opinions and recommendations
- Running the agenda and content for important meetings, conferences and forums
- Plan, coordinate & minute the strategic reviews & meetings and update the CFO on status of various initiatives to ensure implementations and deployments as per plan
- Review and monitor various key programs to ensure consistency with defined objectives
Support / Networking with internal / external stakeholders
- Identify suitable external forums for representation Airtel Africa to build the Airtel brand in the region
- Network with external forums to ensure representation from the organization and thereby enhance brand preference as an employer
- Liaise with key strategic and financial authorities, bodies and agencies
- Coordinate with senior leadership at Nairobi and at Opcos for key data and information exchange and report preparation
Competencies & Qualifications:
Post Graduate: CA / MBA from a recognized institute
CPA (K) Professional
4-5 yrs of experience: preferably in Financial Analysis/ business planning
Experience across multiple Opcos is desirable
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
Closing Date: 29-Jul-2010