Zain Kenya Jobs: IT Operator
Zain Kenya is a subsidiary of Zain; the pioneer of mobile telecommunications in the Middle East. We began life in 1983 in Kuwait as the region’s first mobile operator, and since the initiation of our expansion strategy in 2003, we have expanded rapidly.
Today, we are a leading mobile and data services operator with a commercial footprint in 8 Middle Eastern and African countries with a workforce of over 5,000 providing a comprehensive range of mobile voice and data services to over 31.4 million** active individual and business customers (March 31, 2010).
Zain Kenya is a dynamic company, and we offer excellent career paths for talented and motivated people. We’re especially keen to hear from people with experience. We are looking for people with good qualifications, training and experience. They should be dynamic, highly motivated and share our progressive approach to work. Our headquarters are in Nairobi, and we have branch operations in Mombasa, Kisumu and Eldoret.
Basic Job Purpose:
Billing and rating of postpaid subscribers on BSCS (Business Support & Control Systems) SemaVision version 6; Monitoring, stopping and starting the BSCS modules.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Co-ordinate IT Operational Issues between IT Teams and Customercare.
- Prepaid and VAS(Value Added Services) first line support-: deleting duplicate contracts on CMS,Number provisioning
- Backup management- IT system and CS3 backups; scheduling and running, organizing backup with Unix Administrators, offsite and onsite storage of back-up tapes
- Running batch processes: Generating Roaming files, Bank payment processing, TAP IN and OUT generation
- Ericsson IN-CS3: Scratch cards activations, bulk recharge, pin activations, blocking of stolen scratch cards.
- Generating management and end users reports- RDSS (Reporting and Decision Support Systems), HLU (High Level Usage) report, Interconnection report, Dunning and welcoming report, DBGI (Deposit Bank Guarantee Interface) report, LAN/WAN report
- Monitoring of all the LAN/WAN data links within Celtel- Kenya, monitoring all IT systems within the organization using HP openview and CISCO works, Inroam monitoring, CIC monitoring
Competencies & Qualifications:
Tertiary Education in IT equivalent to Diploma in IT/Degree in Computer Science
2 or more years experience preferably in an IT role in a Telco environment
Attention to detail and accuracy in completeion of work.
Note: you will be required to attach the following: