Zain Kenya Jobs: Fraud Analyst
Zain Kenya is a subsidiary of Zain; the pioneer of mobile telecommunications in the Middle East. We began life in 1983 in Kuwait as the region’s first mobile operator, and since the initiation of our expansion strategy in 2003, we have expanded rapidly.
Today, we are a leading mobile and data services operator with a commercial footprint in 8 Middle Eastern and African countries with a workforce of over 5,000 providing a comprehensive range of mobile voice and data services to over 31.4 million** active individual and business customers (March 31, 2010).
Zain Kenya is a dynamic company, and we offer excellent career paths for talented and motivated people. We’re especially keen to hear from people with experience. We are looking for people with good qualifications, training and experience. They should be dynamic, highly motivated and share our progressive approach to work. Our headquarters are in Nairobi, and we have branch operations in Mombasa, Kisumu and Eldoret.
The core mandate of this function is to lead a team of analysts to check deliberate leakage of revenue due to fraud and monitor the company’s network & systems to ensure that the organization is properly & adequately controlling fraud.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Works with management in developing relevant fraud monitoring mechanisms and helps monitor performance e.g. new products and services, Company Image, Risk, Fraud and Operational Excellence.
- Proactively identify and report on all areas within the organization that are susceptible to fraud.
- Monitor, advise and execute control systems and procedures, to minimise revenue losses
- Lead a team of analysts in carrying out fraud-risk analysis and assessment on key processes, products and services within the organization
- Recommend policies and procedures to help identify fraud and reduce the incidences of fraud within the organization
- Make value adding recommendations to enhance systems, processes, products & procedures to reduce the incidence of fraud in the organization.
- Control and Monitor investigations, fraud monitoring systems, reporting and Analysis (e.g. Fraud monitoring, usage analysis, investigations, risk assessment, management reporting etc.)
- Responsible for administration of the Fraud Monitoring System;
- Ensure 100% resolution of anomalies and fraud identified by the team of analysts.
- Ensure all anomalies are investigated, resolved and closed with acceptable feedback and required changes and controls are initiated and implemented by responsible departments and analysts.
- Foster team work and team spirit within the functional team.
- Handle and manage all RA Projects as well as participate as required in Zain Kenya projects
- Maintain database of work & validate reports for the team
- To coach team analysts on the best practices in fraud monitoring, analysis and investigation
Competencies & Qualifications:
- 3+ years Revenue Assurance or IT experience with University Degree in business or related field; at least 2 – 3 years leadership experience
- Functional knowledge of standard GSM Network
- Data analysis, data modeling and statistical skills.
- ACL/SQL knowledge
- Proven ability to analyse complex business issues and identify, design and implement effective practical recommendations
- Able to handle, prioritize, multiple projects simultaneously
- IT literacy
- Able to operate in a performance driven organisation
- Business awareness
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills
- Excellent planning skills
- High personal standards and goal oriented
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent and effective communications skills, both orally and in writing
- Strong coaching skills
- Drive for results
- Excellent Organization Skills
- Good People Management Skills
Note: you will be required to attach the following: