Young Farmers (Youth) Training Officer Job in Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Jan 3, 2014
Young Farmers (Youth) Training Officer
Reports To: Project Manager
The young farmers training officer will be responsible in conducting crops training to farm shop franchisees, farm shop agro-vet attendants and farmers within farm shop franchisees network.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- To provide crops training to farmers, Farm Shop franchisees and shop assistants
- Participate in promotional events, farmers field schools and farmer’s clinics
- Provide technical input on the set up of crops demonstration farms and train farmers the best practices during farmers field schools events
- Support field agents in farmer groups visits and training
- Mentor young farmers (youth) in agribusiness activities within farm shop franchisees network coverage.
Qualifications, Education, Experience and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, agribusiness, horticulture and any other related field plus 1 year working experience dealing with small scale farmers.
- Diploma/certificate in agriculture, agribusiness, horticulture and any other related field plus1-2years of experience working with small holder farmers
- Fluent English and Swahili
- Analytical and writing skills
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Use of MS Word, Excel, Power-point and Outlook
Standards of Performance and Behavior
- Honesty, integrity and transparency in dealings with stakeholders and clients.
- Analytical and pro active attitude towards problem solving
- Professional conduct in all operational matters
Send CV and remuneration requirement to [email protected] with the subject line “Young Farmers Training Officer” by 31 January, 2014.