WWF Context / Situation Analysis Consultant(s) Jobs in Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Feb 11, 2014
WWF is one of the world’s largest conservation organizations working together with its partners to stop the degradation of the planet’s natural environment and to build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature.
WWF Kenya Country Office (KCO), is seeking the services of:Context / Situation Analysis Consultant(s).
Under the supervision of the Conservation Manager, the Consultant/s will undertake a Context / Situation Analysis as part of the Change Management Process for WWF Kenya.
- Assessment of current status and trends in natural resources (NR) management with a focus on the following thematic areas: land, wildlife, forest, water, fisheries, coastal and marine resources, minerals, renewable/sustainable energy, oil and gas;
- Assessment of the current contribution/benefits of conservation of NR to socio-economic wellbeing and livelihoods to the people of Kenya (both at national and community level);
- Identification and analysis of key direct threats, and underlying factors/root causes and key drivers for biodiversity loss
- Analyze factors driving change in NR and biodiversity in Kenya (local to global actors and drivers including policies and legislation, institutions, commercial & infrastructural development, socio-economic and demographic trends, climate change etc.);
- Identification of the key issues and bottlenecks for effective NR management in Kenya;
- Review of the current conservation model adopted by WWF Kenya in relation to other relevant models;
- Identification of future trends (short, medium and long term) in terms of population, access to natural resources, trends in natural capital, potential conflicts, regional policies, etc…;
- Analysis of stakeholders (the people and organizations) who will be influenced by, have an impact on, or will help implement conservation actions in the country;
- Provision of relevant criteria and potential priority areas and focus and approach for WWF Kenya intervention within the Global Programme Framework (GPF) and national and regional contexts, which can leverage greater conservation impact;
- Identification of strategies and good practice examples of existing initiatives, frameworks and structures to leverage transformational change in NRM that could be scaled-up by WWF.
The Lead Consultant must hold:
- A master’s degree or above in environment/natural resources management, or related field;
- At least 10 years’ of experience in NR policy development or similar field, strong working knowledge of government institutions, the civil society sector and working with public authorities on issues related to environment and NR management;
- Proven experience in strategic planning and organizational development;
- Demonstrated expertise in project design and formulation, including strong reporting skills;
- Demonstrated analytical and communication skills.
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit all required documentation with Context/Situation Analysis Consultancy Application on the subject line to the Senior People Organisation Development Officer (Snr. POD), WWF-KCO – [email protected] not later than 19th February 2014
If you require a complete Job Description kindly send an e-mail to [email protected]
Kindly note that only shortlisted persons will be contacted.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.