WWF Consultancy Opportunity to Develop a Communication Strategy and Conduct a Brand Survey
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Mar 5, 2014
WWF, the Global Conservation Organization, through its office in Kenya, is seeking to recruit a consultant to: Develop a Communication Strategy and Conduct a Brand Survey
Under the supervision of the WWF Kenya Conservation Manager and the Communications Unit, the Consultant/s will develop a Communication Strategy and conduct a Brand Survey that will enable WWF in Kenya to articulate its strategic objectives to reach the target audience while having a better understanding of the level of perception and awareness of the WWF brand in Kenya, as part of its Change Management Process.
1. Consult and provide an overview of conservation activities that WWF is engaged in as well as communication strategies that have been used in the country;
2. Carry out consultations with key actors in-country and make an inventory of similar conservation organizations and communications tools developed by these conservation partners;
3. Consult and provide a comparative brand analysis of other conservation organizations similar to WWF in Kenya.
4. Develop fieldwork guidelines and field questionnaire to conduct the Brand Survey in Kenya.
5. Work together with the WWF Kenya and WWF International Brand teams to adopt/customize the materials in (4) above;
6. Conduct the Brand Survey in Kenya;
7. Develop a communication strategy for WWF Kenya;
8. Put forward a priority communication action plan to be implemented at the national and programme/project/local/county level;
9. Develop a media plan and identify suitable products and transmission channels (press releases, press conference, editorial, articles in specialised journals, interviews, TV or radio spot, social media etc.);
10. Develop a crisis communication plan for the country office including drafting terms of reference for support in capacity building in crisis communication for the senior management team and program managers.
The Lead Consultant should:
a) Hold a master’s degree or above in Communications, Public Relations, Media Relations, or other related fields;
b) Have at least 10 years’ experience in development of communication strategies or carrying out brand surveys and or similar products;
c) Possess strong working knowledge of international development, NGO sector, government institutions;
d) Have a good understanding of the realities of public relations and communications for promoting conservation issues;
e) Have proven experience in strategic planning and organizational development;
f) Have demonstrated analytical and research skills.
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit all required documentation with Communication Strategy and Brand Survey Consultancy Application on the subject line to the Senior People Organisation Development Officer (Snr. POD), WWF-KCO – [email protected] not later than 15th March 2014.
For complete Job Descriptions kindly visithttp://wwf.panda.org/who_we_are/wwf_offices/kenya/
Kіndlу nоtе that оnlу ѕhоrtlіѕtеd реrѕоnѕ wіll bе соntaсtеd.
WWF іѕ an еqual орроrtunіtу еmрlоуеr and соmmіttеd tо havіng a dіvеrѕе wоrkfоrсе.
Like us on Facebook www.facebook.com/WWFKCO & Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/WWF_KCO