WWF Biodiversity Officer Job Kenya
Category: Project Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Aug 23, 2013
WWF Biodiversity Conservation Project Officer Job in Mokowe, Lamu, Kenya
WWF- The global conservation organization, Kenya Country Office (KCO), is seeking to recruit:
Project Officer – Biodiversity Conservation
To be based in Mokowe, Lamu, Kenya
Under the supervision of the Project Manger, the Project Officer – Biodiversity Conservation will
lead the delivery of the WWF-Kenya Darwin Initiative Project ensuring it is effectively implemented to the highest standards and in line with the approved project document;
ensure that the projects technical standards, terms and conditions and reporting requirements are met;establishes/maintains/strengthens the institutional linkages already established, and yet to be established, with communities at the project site level and support conservation group activities and self-help projects aimed at alleviating poverty.
The applicant must possess
- at least a university degree in Natural Resources / Environmental Management or CBNRM-related management, Project Management, Biology, Ecology, or related field;
- at least 3 years experience in a similar position delivering both conservation and development outcomes;
- excellent Kiswahili speaker and knowledge and experience of working with local cultures and communities will be essential;
- leadership and team management skills;
- excellent negotiation, liaison, relationship and conflict management skills especially in natural resources management;
- strong analytical, financial and strong vocational interest in environmental conservation and the people nature interface – ideally connected to forestry;
- excellent oral and written communications skills in English;
- ability to work under tight deadlines, and high pressure situations;
- adherence to WWF’s values, which are: Optimistic, Engaging, Determined and Knowledgeable.
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should email a cover letter and CV with the Project Officer-Conservation Biodiversity Application on the subject line to the
Human Resource Manager, WWF-KCO
Email: [email protected]
not later than 06 September 2013.
Kindly note that only shortlisted persons will be contacted.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce