World Vision International Jobs Kenya – NGO Vacancies
World Vision International jobs Kenya NGO Vacancies
Human Resources Job Vacancies in Kenya.
World Vision International – Somalia Program is an international Christian Relief and Development organization, working to promote the well being of all people – especially children, wishes to invite applications from highly competent dynamic, self-driven and results oriented candidate to fill the following vacancy in the organization.
People and Culture (HR) Assistant – Temporary Contract
The successful candidate will provide P&C/HR administration service support while ensuring
delivery of all services is conducted to the satisfaction of all stakeholders as well as support the P&C department with archiving in preparation for the New Karen move.
Efficient and effective handling of all correspondence in the department
• Prepare correspondence for staff to external parties
• Distribute P&C/HR information to staff through e-mail and notice board
• Prepare general correspondence to external bodies
• Respond to staff queries concerning benefits entitlements
• Liaise with administration department on work permit processing/renewals
Contract Management of all field national staff
• Ensure that all field national staff have contracts that are up-to-date.
• Constant communication with field P&C/HR Officers to ensure that all required contracts are dispatched in good time.
• Follow up for approval contract renewal forms.
• Follow up staff requisition forms for approval by all parties.
• Assist to get management approvals before newspaper advertisements are done.
Personnel files and other /P&CHR related records maintained orderly and confidentially
• Ensure each employee has a personnel file with all the statutory and other employee related records filed.
• Ensure all P&C/HR related records are filed in clearly labeled files
• Ensure up to date records of benefits entitlement for international staff
Reports prepared and generated timely
• Prepare and submit monthly P&C/HR reports by the 5th of every month
• Provide HR related information for the monthly newsletter
• Prepare any P&C/HR reports as and when required
Staff benefits entitlement administered accurately and timely
• Ensure staff benefits for education, medical, leave and all other allowances are administered within entitlement as per the current P&C/HR policies and proper tracking and recording is done.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
• A university degree in Human Resource Management or related business field.
• Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management or its equivalent.
• At least two years’ work experience in a busy Human Resource department. Humanitarian, relief and/or international development experience will be an added advantage.
• A good understanding of Kenya labour laws.
• Thorough knowledge of office systems, including computer applications in Microsoft office.
Knowledge of lotus notes will be an advantage.
• Demonstrates well-developed interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as negotiation skills
• Keen on details with good analytical skills
• Ability to operate in a cross-multicultural environment
• Must be a professional able to stand above denominational diversities.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their detailed CV’s together with names and addresses of three referees to the email address below clearly marking on the application ‘People and Culture Assistant’. All applications should be received by May 21, 2013. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Qualified Female candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
People and Culture Manager
World Vision International – Somalia Program
Email: [email protected]