World Vision International Job Vacancy – Somalia Program Accounts Manager
World Vision International Somalia Program Accounts Manager Job Vacancy
The Accounts Manager will provide technical support to the Finance & Support Services Director in the financial management and control of the Head Office Accounting function and ensure compliance to the internal controls and policies established.
- Produce reliable, accurate and timely financial reports, management reports and supporting documents on periodic basis.
- Ensure periodic strategic reviews are initiated through Sunsystems desk reviews as part of the strategic analysis and capacity assessment of the financial systems.
- Review bank reconciliations and ensure that they are prepared each month per Finance Manual.
- Ensure cash balances are kept within the required target low.
- Regularly reviewing the balance sheet accounts and income statements to ensure there are no outstanding accounting entries.
- Ensure staff advance systems are operational and regularly used for tracking all outstanding balances and staff are notified to control the risk of bad debts.
- Develop or introduce already developed procedures and systems which enhance accountability of all Divisions in resource utilization.
- Ensure that adequate systems are in place for facilitating and tracking funding process between national office, Global Centre and field offices.
- Provide technical support in the budget process of the organization.
- Prepare consolidated funding requests for the organization.
- Provide monthly feedback on budget position updates.
- Review the National Office Ministry support cost expenditure levels to ensure they are within the approved scope of the cost center activities and budget.
- Design systems that ensure effective cash management and risk reduction. This includes regularly reviewing the petty cash transactions and systems.
- Monitor bank accounts and ensuring adequate liquidity is maintained each month and avoiding risks of negative cash balance.
- Provide an environment where financial transactions are processed adequately, timely and within the laid down internal control framework to all external stakeholders like Supplier/Vendors as part of building confidence and foster good working relationship.
- Review control areas on a monthly basis and document lessons learnt during financial document reviews.
- Lead, design strategies, plan activities, organize implementations, monitor progresses, review and evaluate the whole function of the department based on the division/national level strategies and policies.
- Ensure policies and procedures are adhered to in the financial management processes of the head office transactions and feedback given to staff on policy violation.
- Review the internal controls in the National office financial systems and advise the Finance Director on relevant action steps.
- Carry out risk periodic assessment in the activities of the department for management decision making.
- Ensure existence of original accounting records and their completeness.
- Ensure the Accounts department audit ratings are within acceptable range and minimized losses.
- Design programs that provide and build Capacity of Staff within the department in the way they handle financial processes.
- Undertake job performance assessment and feedback mechanism.
- Educational level required: Equivalent to minimum a Bachelor of Commerce / Accounting / Finance, or CPA.
- Technical Training qualifications required: Practical knowledge of accounting Systems preferably Sunsystem Vision Applications. Familiar with major donor grants requirements such as USAID, CIDA.
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications.
- Knowledgeable on General Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Skills: Pro-activeness, creativity, assertiveness and analytical skills.
- Experience: Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the financial management of an International NGO.
- Other: Ability to work under pressure and on strict deadlines.
People and Culture Manager
World Vision International – Somalia Program
P.O.Box 56527 – 00200,