World Agroforestry Centre Compensation & Benefits HR Job in Nairobi Kenya
Category: Agricultural Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Aug 30, 2013
World Agroforestry Centre Compensation & Benefits Human Resources Manager Job in Nairobi Kenya
Vacancy: Human Resources Manager – Compensation & Benefits
About the organization
About the organization
The World Agroforestry Centre is an independent research institution which generates science-based knowledge about the complex role trees play in agricultural landscapes and rural livelihoods.
As part of the Centre’s work to bring tree-based solutions to bear on poverty and environmental problems, researchers – working in close collaboration with partners – are developing new technologies, tools and policy recommendations for increased food security and ecosystem health.
We are supported by the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR) and receive funding from over 50 different donors.
Main purpose of the job
Take the lead in the development of a compensation and benefits plan for the Centre in line with the Centre’s compensation and benefit strategies
1. Compensation and benefits
- In conjunction with Management, plan and regularly review staff benefits and compensation philosophy, policies and procedures in line with ICRAF values and principles.
- Analyse market trends and recommend actions to align ICRAF to best compensation and benefits practices appropriate to its chosen principles and values.
- Effectively engage in and contribute to, harmonisation efforts in compensation and benefits within the CGIAR environment.
- Plan, conduct and monitor appropriate bi-annual salary surveys.
- Play a pivotal role on yearly promotion, performance management and salary review processes
- Develop appropriate forms/tools regarding staff benefits
- Provide guidance and coordination in job evaluation process
- Coordinate salary and benefits survey for the Centre, lead bidding process, select the firm and monitor the survey process.
- Update and maintain the salary scales
- Coordinate pension schemes for the Centre and review as may be necessary.
- Design, develop and review the payroll process with clear guidelines for efficiency, effectiveness and integrity of the system.
- Manage payroll for the centre, coordinate with regions and ensuring that all monthly payrolls are received at HQ in a timely manner.
- Ensure that ICRAF complies with all statutory deductions and these are remitted in a timely manner
- Manage AIARC payroll.
3. Job evaluation:
- Take the lead in the development of guidelines and procedures for compensation and benefits for the Centre, which will ensure that staff JD’s are appropriate and updated in a systematic and coordinated manner.
- Competency profiling.
4. Information Systems and data management
- Lead the implementation of the HR database, access for all regions, establish links between software for automation of the Centre’s activities, to design necessary queries and reports, to connect to payroll.
- Design, develop and regularly review a reliable HR data management system.
- Manage global data inputting and updating in HRIS.
- Provide timely and accurate information as required.
- Develop guidelines on global staff leave management.
- Develop guidelines on global staff list maintenance and update.
- Design filing and archiving processes and guidelines, ensuring that all staff information is stored and backed up both in hard and soft copies.
5. Staff Welfare
- Under guidance of the Head of HRU, play a lead role in handling staff welfare issues.
- Develop and coordinate the implementation of staff welfare programs.
- Participate in conducting the staff Global Consultation and surveys.
- Ensure ICRAF conforms to being an equal opportunity employer.
- Develop programs to deal with the following but not limited to; flexible working counselling, stress management, harassment and violence at work, etc.
- Develop and implement grievance procedures and awareness programs on the same.
- Cultivate skills, enhance efficiency and work quality, and build employee allegiance to ICRAF.
- Develop and coordinate teambuilding sessions that are geared to improve working relations.
6. HR Projects
- Participate in the various HR projects as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree and a post graduate qualification in the HR, Business or relevant field.
- Minimum of over 10 years relevant experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Ability to influence key decision makers.
- Analytical, problem-solving skills and capacity building skills.
- Proficiency in ICT.
- Demonstrable oral and written communication skills.
- Tactful , discrete and confidential, persuasive, sound and timely judgment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Terms of offer
The World Agroforestry Centre is an equal opportunity employer and offers a collegial and gender-sensitive working environment.
We believe that staff diversity promotes excellence and strongly encourage applications from qualified women.
This position is on local terms and will be for an initial period of three (3) years, renewable subject to six (6) months’ probation period, assessment of performance, continued relevance of the position and availability of resources.
How to apply
Click apply below
Applications will be considered until 06 September 2013.
Please note that only short-listed applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted.
We invite you to learn more about World Agroforestry Centre by accessing our website www.worldagroforestry.org