WISER Financial and Administrative Officer Job in Kenya
WISER’s mission is to improve educational, economic, and health outcomes for girls; create gender allies in boys; and promote community-wide enhancements in health and development.
- Implement and maintain efficient financial systems in compliance with international standards and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Ensure bank and all cash component accounts are reconciled, including funding projection advances and all support information is available before conducting the monthly financial report
- Review budget projections and expenditures, ensuring accountability across all components
- Assist in preparation of reports as may be required from time to time
- Monitor and maintain cash flow, consolidating funds requests and following up with Board Members to ensure funds are disbursed in a timely manner.
- Ensure proper documentation and filing of documents, including financial documents for proper audit trail.
- Support the annual filing of organizational legal documents and ensure the NGO adheres to all requirements as indicated in Kenyan law
- Offer administrative support as necessary liaising with the School Principal on various logistical and administrative issues
- Create and maintain employee personnel files, process benefit changes and provide coverage or claims information to employees upon request.
- Administer payroll functions including finalizing systems, implementing employee deductions, and distribution of salaries to staff, both permanent and casual
- Travel from time-to-time on duty errands
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Financial Management, and other business related field, or equivalent.
- CPA Part One successfully completed
- 3 years experience working in NGO finance and administration environment
- Familiarity with QuickBooks
- Superior computer skills including excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Strong organizational and administrative skills, paying particular attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to analyze financial data and problem solve
- Available at short notice
- Strong financial management background
- Significant exposure in an administrative and legal environment in Kenya (including KRA policies)
- Good communications skills (oral & written)
- Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural skills