Job Title: Human Resources Manager
Department: Human Resource
Directly Responsible To: General Manager
Length of Position: Permanent
Purpose of Role: Reporting to the General Manager, the HR Manager will provide Human Resources support at both strategic and operational levels to the White Rhino Hotels through interpreting business needs, develop focused and pragmatic HR solutions which are aligned to the business objectives.
Key performance indicators:
- Provide the General Manager of the Hotels with professional HR advice and guidance
- Audit and improve present HR systems and processes
- Work alongside the senior managers to improve the quality and retention of new hires and ensure that probationary periods are managed effectively.
- Working with the Heads of Departments and the General Manager to implement a meaningful performance management system
- Ensure through working with the Health & Safety Advisor that compliance is maintained in terms of Health, Safety and Fire hazards.
- Effectively manage and motivate the employees
Establishment of a HR Department
- Establish and manage an innovative and a high performing HR team.
- Develop and implement a Human Resource Policy manual
- Staff planning for each department, by identifying the workforce required to meet the hotels goals.
- Staffing levels are proper to support the hotel’s goals
- Staff turn-over rates are documented and managed
- Advice the management on personnel policy matters including reorganization, restructuring and redundancies.
- Recruit, interview, and selects employees to fill vacant positions.
- Workforce planning, managing and improving the recruitment & selection process and activities at all levels.
- Developing creative and innovative methods of increasing profile as an employer, particularly on a local level.
- To develop strong links with local/national business partners and strengthen overall brand identity as an employer.
- On- boarding of the new hires into the company
- Implementation of the HR management information system to allow accuracy of information, monitoring evaluation and production of reports in conjunction with ICT department.
- Introduction of Worker Welfare and Health and Safety Committees and chairing them as per the Labor laws.
- Ensure that Payroll in processed effectively and on time
- Management of existing employee benefits
- Contribute to the annual budgeting process with particular emphasis on workforce planning, payroll requirements, developmental requirements, uniform, staff accommodation etc.
- In conjunction with the Management to participate in the effective management of the HR budget through regular forecasting, coaching departmental managers and challenging rates of pay/allocation of resources and benchmarking.
- Conducts wage surveys within labor market to determine competitive wage rate
- Develop and implement a Performance management system
- Assist in identifying and overcoming areas of concern with employees to maximize employee morale and motivation.
- Develop a Performance Improvement plan for those who may not perform well
- Responsible for staff training and development, staff motivation, promotions, staff benefits, medical and welfare schemes.
- Co-ordinate and facilitate implementation of all in-house and external Company training activities and budgets.
- Training needs analysis and development of a training matrix.
- Coordinate the development, facilitation and implementation of the training strategy, policy systems and processes of the Company
- Facilitate and coordinate the training needs assessment process for the Company and prioritize needs accordingly.
- Assisting with the design & delivery of management development programs
- Develop a succession planning for key talent.
- Development of a staff satisfaction survey tool.
- Initiate companywide employee satisfaction surveys
- Liaising with the Health and Safety Manager to ensure that statutory requirements are met including training, documentation, risk assessments etc
- Provide assistance with the management of health & safety committee.
- Through the Health & Safety Manager ensure full compliance in areas of first aid, fire safety, accident prevention etc
- Advice on health and safety matters, which is based on understanding of the relevant legislation and Company policies and procedures. The advice is such that the company meets its social obligations and is not involved in any form of legal action.
- Supporting job skills development
- Design and delivery of skills development training events
- Assist with the design and delivery of the annual training event.
- personal development planning
- Identifying potential or Key talent
- To promote a culture of internal development
- Manage complaints, conflicts/ grievance disputes and institute disciplinary measures to maintain a cordial work environment within the organization.
- Facilitation of any leave administration and maintain records for staff.
- Manage employee correspondence on a need basis.
- Maintain an up to-date record of all company staff files and are kept up to-date with contract letters / medical records etc.
- Processing contract and warning letters, terminations, dismissals and other internal correspondence.
- Processing of the staff ID cards
- Administration of NHIF, NSSF and PIN certificates.
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Facilitate harmonization of the Company policies and procedures with the current legislation and regulations corresponding to the specific practices of the organization.e.g The New labour laws.
- Give advice on employment matters to Heads of Departments through understanding of the relevant legislation and company policies and procedures. The advice is such that the Company meets its social obligations and is not involved in any form of legal action.
- To ensure legal compliance in all matters in particular to the management of disciplinary and grievance procedures and dismissals
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance. Studies legislation, arbitration decisions, and collective bargaining contracts to assess industry trends.
- Degree in any related field.
- 5 years experience as a HR Generalist
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Must demonstrate ability to lead teams and work under pressure
- Impeccable integrity
- Good presentation skills