WFP Somalia Logistics Assistant (Landside Transport Instruction Roster) Job in Nairobi Kenya
Vacancy Announcement No. VA-003/2014 (Position No. 14-0014916)
Organizational background: The World Food Programme Somalia activities include food assistance for nutrition, livelihoods, relief and emergency school feeding, while also supporting humanitarian air and logistics services, food security coordination and infrastructure rehabilitation projects.
- Prepare monthly initial allocation plan for fair distribution of food commodities on areas as assigned by the supervisor;
- Post daily dispatches of WFP food and non-food commodities (NFIs) in the corporate system, monitor the correct use and quantity as per loading orders;
- Create and complete, accurate landside transport instruction (LTIs) used to uplift food commodities out of WFP warehouses;
- Maintain a reliable filing system that will facilitate retrieval of information for all correspondences i.e. LTIs, Food Release Notes (FRNs), Shipping documents and other logistics data;
- Ensure food LTIs are produced electronically using COMPAS system and manual use of LTI books for NFI movements;
- Prepare and maintain FRN tracking sheet, produce daily dispatch reports and share with the relevant departments;
- Monitor and report on WFP food stocks in WFP warehouses and prepare weekly stock reports;
- Provide day-to-day reports on the progress and movements of WFP shipments (by land, sea, or air);
- Perform any other duty as requested by the immediate supervisor.
- Training and/or experience using MS PowerPoint and other WFP standard software packages and systems.
- Knowledge of WFP manuals in the area of work, WFP administrative regulations and rules and WFP policies would be desirable.