Wema Centre Early Childhood (ECD) Teacher Job in Kenya
Wema Centre is a Community Project and Rehabilitation Program for ex-street girls and community orphans with projects in both Mombasa and Thika town respectively.
We are looking for a highly motivated ECD teacher to inspire and be part of a great team dedicated to providing quality child care, interactive learning and memorable experiences for three -to-six year olds and also special cases.
- Teach allocated ECD class, plan, prepare, and develop various teaching aids and materials for ECD while following current National Quality Standards and regulations
- Ensure realization of intended outputs and outcomes.
- Organize activities such as field visits, group discussions, singing, dancing, rhythmic activities, use of art materials and dramatic play-acting, to stimulate children’s interest and broaden understanding of their physical and social environment and also form satisfying relationships with other children and adults.
- Build good, open communication with children, families and staff
- Observe and record children’s growth, development and behaviour using agreed tools for monitoring and evaluation
- Ensure the learning environment is clean, hygienic and safe
- Develop strategies to guide positive children’s behavior
- Undertake administrative tasks as required i.e take minutes of weekly staff meetings, delegated representation etc
- Diploma in Early Childhood Teaching (DICECE & MONTESORI),
- Over 3 years working experience in a childcare setting catering for children between 2 to 14 years
- Fantastic organizational and teamwork skills including reporting and leadership skills
- Sound written and verbal communication skills using English and Kiswahili
- A good level of computer literacy
- Current First Aid certificate
- Certificate of Good Conduct
- Ability to work in a demanding work environment and meet deadlines
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
The Wema Centre Trust
P.O Box 88820-80100