Warehouse Officer Job in Mombasa, Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Mar 20, 2014
Warehouse Officer – Mombasa
Provides materials, equipment, and supplies by directing receiving, warehousing, and distribution services; supervising staff.
- Maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Complies with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system.
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Completes warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- liaising with customers, suppliers and transport companies;
- planning and monitoring the storage, delivery and dispatch of orders;
- overseeing stock control and processing orders;
- producing regular reports and statistics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis;
Supervision, Developing Budgets, Safety Management, Developing Standards, Managing Processes, Surveillance Skills, Inventory Control, Reporting Skills, Analyzing Information ,
- Proven analytical and warehouse management skills.
- Excellent mathematical skills and attention to detail.
- Computer skills, including internet navigation, and various office applications.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment, and establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organization.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Logistics or related field
- CIPS Qualification
- 5 Years work experience in warehousing and stores is required
- Three years warehouse leadership experience in Receiving, Inventory Control or Shipping
Email CV and salary requirements to [email protected] with “Warehouse Officer in the subject line.