VP of Human Resources Job in Kenya
Number Of Positions Open:1
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya, our client is an East African Owned global risk mitigation firm assisting investors and companies in improving their knowledge to the risk their companies or a specific program may face.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be a change agent, innovative, experienced in all aspects of strategic HR, as well as passionate about culture and organizational development.
- Establish a clear vision for Human Resources designed to embody and support the core elements of the organization’s vision in order to foster successful outcomes.
- Investing in the necessary time to understand how Human Resources fits into the ‘big picture’ within the various businesses
- Shape the vision of the organization through Human Resources departments key performance indicators, which will help determine short and long-term goals.
- Ability to empower staff to embrace change and clearly outline a strategy and direction for making that change happen; staff will need to feel that this direction is being guided by thoughtful, measured steps.
- Building staff capacity, forming relationships with external agencies that have expertise in various programs HR can utilize and maximizing existing resources, which is particularly important.
- Deliver a talent management plan for the region, addressing hiring strategies, mentorship, succession planning, career pathing, workforce planning, retention, and aligning people programs to support these.
- Conduct a comprehensive review of all existing and potential human resource programs to identify further development and or implementation – including issuing a competitive bid for the organizations benefits plan and accession options for alternative compensation models for the executive leaderships consideration.
- Strengthening the existing performance management plan to enable supervisors and staff to have a clearer idea and deeper appreciation for how they’re doing relative to performance indicators.
- Ensuring successful implementation of the corporate training and development program, and ensuring its alignment with the organizations strategic needs and alignment with the talent management plan
- Working with Information Technology Services and Financial Services to define and implement an integrated financial system.
- Demonstrate great honesty and integrity in dealings with union representatives and the very best of their interpersonal and strategic thinking as they navigate these relationships.
- Balance diplomacy with taking a hard line and representing the organization’s position when necessary
- Reinforce the importance of relationship building and encourage peer Directors to find ways to harness the talent on their teams – identifying leaders at every level and getting staff to deal with new projects.
- This position is required to assure compliance of Company HR operations to all applicable laws, regulations and standards, good business practices and company documented procedures (including but not limited to Quality Systems Regulations, ISO standards, government work law, occupational health and environmental regulations and statutes)
- Active support to HR SC targets and delivery, to business plans and requirements, to employment relations and professional networks as a basis for a contribution to the development of best practice
- Support HR SC projects, communication, handling often confidential or sensitive business / personal information
- HR administration and agenda management, quality and accuracy of the systems, data and controls
- Ownership of projects on an adhoc basis (including engagement with global HR teams)
- Site/functional communications delivery in accordance with group/divisional/functional communication strategies
- Other duties as assigned and/or contained in quarterly and annual objectives
Five to ten years human resource generalist experience and in-depth knowledge of employment law and HR practices with a solid track record in managing/advising on complex/sensitive legal issues as well as considering the impact of new legislation and devising new HR policies and procedures
Skills and Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree required/Masters preferred in Business/HR/Psychology or related field
- Advanced knowledge of SAP/ADP systems
- Good understanding of accounting principles, payroll taxes and government payroll regulations
- Ability to travel
- Local language speaking and English speaking, other languages considered as a plus
- The individual is required to work independently with little instruction on day to day work. The role requires a strong self-starter with demonstrated experience in various HR activities, analytics, process design, communication, and implementation to establish and stabilize global HR processes
- This position has access to confidential employee information
- Provides expert advice to departments supported
- This position is required to comply with all applicable practices and documented procedures
Interested candidates holding the necessary requirements, good performance and / or references are encouraged to apply with detailed CV’s, inclusive of names and contacts of 3 referees, current telephone number and email address by scrolling down and clicking on the link below: VP of Human Resources