Viwango Certification Programme Coordinator Vacancy Kenya
Posted: Aug 29, 2013
Viwango Certification Programme Coordinator Job in Kenya
The Organization: Viwango
The Position: Programme Coordinator, Certification
Viwango is a Certification Organization founded to drive and support the improvement in the organisational credibility and performance of Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) through the transformative process of Viwango Certification. Viwango emphasizes on Standards in performance, credibility, accountability and delivery of quality programmes and services in the Civil Society Organizations’ sector.
The Viwango Standards Certification process includes understanding the Viwango Standards, commitment to the Viwango Code of Practice, and engaging/undertaking the Viwango Organizational Capacity Assessment, which is an organisational participatory self-assessment process leading to a certification award.
The Purpose and goals of Viwango are embedded in her Vision and Mission statements:
Vision: Civil Society is credible contributing to the transformation of society.
Our mission: To improve the performance of CSOs through the promotion and application of minimum standards and voluntary, independent certification.
Job Definition & Roles
This is a middle management programme development and implementation function.
The position encapsulates organisational capacity assessment, training, project design, budgeting, implementation, reporting, monitoring and evaluation.
The key functions of this position are twofold: to build the programme portfolio; and to provide support to the Chief Executive Officer and the management in the realisation of the overall mission of Viwango.
Specific tasks shall include:
- Lead the programme team
- Develop an effective and results oriented programme team
- Rolling out and scaling the reach of the Viwango CSOs Certification
- Development, resourcing and implementation of other capacity development and members support programmes in line with the strategic plan
- Effective and efficient management and monitoring of all programme budgets
- Development of programme implementation reports both for internal external audiences
- Resources mobilization for sustainability of programmes and the institution
- Networking and Partnerships Development
A Bachelors degree in Social or Development Sciences with specialization in organisational / institutional development or economics or project management.
Practical post graduate certification in training, project management, social enterprise development or other related fields are an added advantage.
We are looking for candidates with a minimum of 5 years experience, working with development organisations (social and economic) in a similar or related position.
Candidates with specific experience in capacity development, organizational capacity assessments, development of training tools and manuals, conducting training and facilitation and monitoring and evaluation experiences are encouraged to apply.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Other desirable skills include:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- ability to effectively and efficiently handle multiple, simultaneous, and complex projects and tasks;
- Ability to mentor, coach and train others; and field research, analysis and reporting skills.
- Competencies in Microsoft Office based computer applications are required.
- Excellent workplace and work ethics
- Conscientiousness, Discretion, Confidentiality.
- Creativity and Initiative
Closing date: 13th September 2013.
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.