Vivo Energy Product Quality Excellence Lead Job in Kenya
Job Title: Product Quality Excellence Lead
Job Purpose: To implement effective Product Quality Management (PQM) at country level for the purpose of strengthening operational product quality performance across the supply chain and thereby ensuring consistent delivery of cost effective and fit for purpose products that meet our promises on quality and performance.
- Responsible for fuels lubricant and bitumen product quality (including aviation and marine fuels) in the country, in an integrated manner from the supply source through distribution to Retail and Commercial customers and beyond (such as at large mines and other Commercial customers’ sites), to the customers’ tanks/equipment.
- Responsible for the implementation of the relevant PQ Standards, Manuals and Procedures (as described in the Product Quality Management Framework (PQMF) in the country, for the purpose of strengthening PQ performance across the supply chain; minimizing the number PQ incidents and mitigating their impact.
- Responding for assessing current QA practises for the different supply chains in the overall Unit.
- Responsible for Product Quality Incident (PQI) reporting within the country while ensuring that all PQI are managed in accordance with the VE PQ Incident Management Standard, including the capture and monitoring (remedial/corrective actions) of any PQ incidents
- Responsible for reporting and reviewing PQIs at relevant management meetings and communicating learnings from PQ incidents.
- Advising/training staff and customers on VE QA policies and requirements.
- Provide general product quality advice to S&D, Retail and Commercial businesses.
- Provide advice on the issuing product waivers for general fuels (not including aviation, marine, LPG or bitumen) in accordance with established procedures.
- Managing VE controlled laboratories or test installations and staff.
- Responsible for product quality related Regulatory compliance reporting.
- Graduate, preferably in the field of Chemical Engineering / Quality Management.
- More than five years working experience in quality management.
- Prior experience either of the following: product technical/sales support; product development; refinery (laboratory, economics and scheduling, oil movements) or technical/operational supply positions (e.g.: Supply Envelope roles; Supply projects etc.).
- Previous experience of providing product technical support to customer, internal or external (governments; OEMs, NGOs) on product or HSE related issues preferred.
P.O Box 6416, Nairobi, GPO 00100
E-mail: [email protected]
Closing Date: Friday 28th February 2014