Vision 2030 Enablers and Macro Director, ICT Manager, Internal Auditor Jobs in Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Mar 17, 2014
Kenya Vision 2030 Delivery Secretariat
The Kenya Vision 2030 Delivery Secretariat (VDS) is charged with spearheading the implementation of the country’s development blueprint and strategy towards transforming Kenya into a newly industrializing ‘middle-income country by the year 2030’.
VDS is now seeking a smart, energetic, enthusiastic “can do” attitude and experienced persons to work with our fast paced management team for the following position on a three (3) year contract renewable upon satisfactory performance.
The salary and other benefits attached to this positions will be determined by Vision2030 Delivery Board in consultation with the Salaries and Remuneration Commission.
Purpose of the Job
Reporting to the Director General of the Vision 2030 Delivery Secretariat, the Director will be responsible for coordination and implementation of all the Vision 2030 Delivery Secretariat directorate’s functions and activities relating Enablers and Macro.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Fast track the implementation of the Vision and its Medium Term Plans (MTPs)programmes and projects.
- In collaboration with the government ministries, departments, agencies and counties, mobilize resource required for achievement of 2030 and the MTP projects/programmes/initiatives under the Directorate.
- Provide technical input to the policy analysis and design in the relevant sectors.
- Identify and liaise with stakeholders in the relevant sectors.
- Coordinating and overseeing the formation, operation and management of Sector Delivery Secretariats, Teams and Working Groups.
- Fast track implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the MTP programmes and projects under the Directorate.
- Development of annual work plans and budgets in line with the five (5) year MTPs.
- Provide leadership and coordinate work in the Directorate.
- Undertake any other responsibility as may be necessary to achieve the Secretariat’ objectives.
- Should be visionary, honest, self-driven and a person of integrity with clear understanding of the Vision 2030 and its key pillars.
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills and intellectually sound judgment to interpret, analyze and resolve operational problems.
- Have strong interpersonal, oral and written skills.
- Have demonstrated understanding and experience in planning and development of large development projects in infrastructure section.
- Have demonstrated good understanding of the investment and development needs of the county.
- Be results oriented team player with ability to mobilize team towards set targets.
The job holder is required to possess
- Bachelor’s degree and Master’s degree in Strategic
- Management, Economics, Engineering, Business Administration or related field from a recognized university.
- At least ten (10) years relevant work experience preferably in a public institution.
- Should also have professional qualifications and should also be a member of a recognized professional body.
- The applicant must be computer literate.
Information Communication & Technology (ICT) Manager
- Reporting to the Director General on matters relating to the ICT Section, the ICT Manager shall:
- Develop and implement the Secretariat’s ICT Policy and procedures.
- Design and manage the Local Area Network (LAN) and set up a database for centralized file/records management.
- Design, develop and updating of the VDS website, install & configure operating systems, software, hardware and provide technical support to users.
- Be in charge of ICT at the Secretariat, coordinating, monitoring and evaluating the ICT needs of the Secretariat, Project teams and Ministries to ensure support for the Vision 2030 and the Medium Term Plan (MTP).
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including servers, PCs, operating systems, telephones, software applications, and peripherals.
- Data analysis, information review and analysis of policies, procedures and systems of the Vision 2030 and MTP.
- Developing, monitoring and evaluation of the framework and mechanisms guiding the Secretariat and Vision 2030 partners in assessing performance towards attaining the Vision 2030. Providing echnical input in the activities of the Secretariat partners in implementing the Vision 2030.
- Developing and reviewing annual work plans, key performance indicators and monitoring and reviewing the Vision 2030 and MTP activities.
- Providing regular feedback on the performance of the Secretariat and its partners in the implementation of the Vision 2030 and MTP activities and ensuring appropriate action is taken.
For appointment to the position of ICT Manager, a candidate must have
- A Bachelor’s degree in an ICT related field (Computer Science, Computer Technology or Information Technology, Mathematics with programming bias) from a recognized institution;
- possession of relevant Masters Degree will be an added advantage. Six (6) years relevant work experience in ICT project management;
- Professional certification such as MCSE, CISA, PMP, CISM;
- skills in ICT networks (LAN/WAN), knowledge of content management systems, working knowledge of all Windows platforms for both PCs and laptops; experience utilizing database platforms including open-source;
- experience implementing databases, stored procedures, partitioning, and data rollups;
- Possession of experience especially in monitoring & evaluation/ public sector institutions will be an added advantage.
Reporting to the Director General and to the Board Audit & Corporate Governance Committee the Internal Auditor will be responsible for;
- Perform financial, operational and information systems audit.
- Ensure accuracy and reliability in accounting and operating data, safeguarding of VDS resources against waste, fraud and inefficiency.
- Preparation of reports for presentation to the Audit & Corporate Governance Committee of the board.
- Evaluation of the overall efficiency of all operating functions of VDS.
- Maintain and updating audit programs, ensuring correctness of the audit reports ascertaining full disclosure of facts and figures during the audit exercise.
- Undertaking specific assignments that management or the Board may require.
- Ensuring the quality of audits and special reviews.
- Communicating and ensuring the divisions maintain a high level of risk awareness in all operational areas.
- Coordinate external audit that is, KENAO and follow-up on their recommendations and ensure implementation.
The Job holder is required to possess
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Commerce, or equivalent from a recognized university; possession of relevant Masters Degree will be an added advantage.
- Must have at least six (6) years relevant work experience.
- Be fully qualified accountant and a Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or relevant institution; member of recognized professional bodies such as Institute of Certified Auditors, ICPAK, ACCA.
- Must be computer literate.
Interested applicants must get clearance from the following bodies;
- Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Higher Education Loans Board;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
- Criminal Investigation Department (certificate of good conduct);
- Credit Reference Bureau; and
Applicants must submit the clearance certificates with the application.
How to Apply
Each application should be accompanied by a detailed curriculum vitae, copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, national identity card/passport, testimonials and other relevant support documents.
Scanned copies of these documents and clearance certificates must
accompany an online application.
accompany an online application.
All applications should be clearly marked “Application for position of Director of Enablers and Macro or Information Communication & Technology (ICT) Manager or Internal Auditor”.
Online application should be e-mailed as MS Word attachment to [email protected] Only online application will be accepted.
Candidates who meet the minimum requirements should submit applications with details of day time contacts, current and expected remuneration, names and contacts of three referees so as to reach VDS not later than 26th March 2014. Further information can be obtained from VDS website: www.vision2030.go.ke
Kenya Vision 2030 Delivery Secretariat is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, marginalized and persons living with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.