Vet Lab Sport Club Food & Beverage Manager and Executive Chef Jobs in Upper Kabete, Nairobi, Kenya
Food and Beverage Manager
Our prestigious Golf Club House is seeking a Food and Beverage Manager who will be responsible for:-
- The overall management, control and discipline of all F&B sections within the club. Re- engineer F&B Concept ensuring increased revenue streams & continually monitor and adapt as members market need dictates ensuring increase in patronage.
- Management of all staff activities, setting standards, driving professionalism, providing feedback, managing performance, engendering support and building loyalty.
- Continuous improvement service delivery to members from the two departments.
- Understanding of the market trends in food and beverage services and positioning VLSC to be a leader in this.
- Discipline in all stations, readiness of all stations, cleanliness, staff levels, uniforms, food presentation, buffet displays, food and drink service sequence as well as the overall standards of service, hygiene and safety.
- Staff training to ensure compliance and competency.
- Provide feedback to correct behavior, devise & implement training plans & manuals as required.
- Responsible for Food & Beverage financial reports.
The Person we are looking for:
- He/She should forecast anticipated volumes of business and schedule staff accordingly in conjunction with the General Manager,
- Monitor expenses and driving average check in order to achieve set business plan & budget.
- Ability to ensure procedures, controls and standards are in place. Actively work with and engage the team.
- Contribute towards positively changing staff behavior, delivery of service standards, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- “Think on your feet” approach – passionate, embracing, proactive, and committed.
- Constantly work the floor during service times to test guest feedback, coach staff and remedy issues.
- Constant feedback is vital to ensure positive growth achieving a guest satisfaction rate of 95%.
Academic Requirements: Degree/Diploma in hospitality management and 3 years’ experience with a reputable golf club or hotel.
We are looking for an Executive Chef to produce food of the highest quality in terms of presentation and taste.
The chef must be young and dynamic.
He /she would need to understand our member’s needs in relation to their dietary regimen and ensure cleanliness is maintained within the kitchen at all times.
- 3 years’ experience with formal training in Food Production and Kitchen Management
- 3 years’ experience as a Chef in a busy setting
- Ability to manage staff
The Ideal candidate should be:
- Able to manage food cost and create innovative menus for our members.
- Able to create and maintain harmonious working relationship and team work spirit in the kitchen.
- Able to understand kitchen produce and timing requirements.
All applications should be hand delivered at the VLSC and accompanied by a detailed CV, copies of academic certificates and other testimonials.
Kindly include names of 3 referees stating your current and expected salary to the address below on or before close of business on Thursday, April 10th, 2014.
The General Manager,
Vet Lab Sport Club,