Utalii Hotel General Manager Job in Nairobi Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Jan 20, 2014
Kenya Utalii College is a State Corporation established under the Tourism Act 2011, responsible for developing a highly qualified human resource base for the Hospitality and Tourism industry through training, research, consultancy and related services.
The college now seeks to hire key staff to strengthen its operations in the following position:-
General Manager, Utalii Hotel
Reporting to the Principal, the General Manager, Utalii Hotel shall be responsible for achieving optimal guest satisfaction and a good working environment to attain all set objectives.
- Creating an operating environment that assures consistent guest satisfaction;
- Monitoring the performance of the hotel through verification and analysis of guest satisfaction systems and financial reports;
- Maintaining product and service quality standards by conducting ongoing evaluations and investigating complaints;
- Developing accurate and aggressive long and short-range financial objectives consistent with the College’s mission statement;
- Preparing financial reports for management that clearly explain operational effectiveness, trends and variances;
- Establishing and maintaining a pro-active human resource function to ensure employee motivation, training and development, wage and benefits administration, and compliance with established labor regulations;
- Executing marketing, sales, and operational activities, producing results that meet or exceed the hotel’s business plan;
- Ensuring good safety practices of employees and guests, assisting in the maintenance of proper emergency and security procedures;
- Establishing and maintaining applicable preventive maintenance programs to protect the physical assets of the hotel.
Minimum qualifications and experience
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Hospitality/Hotel Management or related field from a university recognized in Kenya;
- A Diploma in Hotel Management;
- Minimum ten (10) years relevant working experience three (3) of which must be at a senior management level;
- Membership in a professional body.
- Demonstrated success in operating at least a four star hotel with a minimum of 10 years experience in a Hotel/Lodge / Resort.;
- In depth experience in Food & Beverage and Rooms;
- Must be proficient in all areas of Hotel operations;
- Hands on leadership style and must be entrepreneurial, independent thinking and self starter with a focus to achieving exceptional results.
Written applications accompanied by certified Copies of Certificates and Curriculum Vitae giving details of current employment and remuneration package should be addressed in confidence to:
Kenya Utalii College
P. O. Box 31052 – 00600
Should be received not later than: 30th January 2014
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews
Kenya Utalii College is a corruption free zone and an equal opportunity employer.
Please note that canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification