USAID TIS Program Grants Intern Opportunity in Nairobi Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Jan 14, 2014
USAID Transition Initiatives for Stabilization (TIS) program
The Transition Initiatives for Stabilization (TIS) program is funded by USAID and responds to the complex crisis that has evolved in Somalia.
The overall program goal is to mitigate conflict; to promote stability and community cohesion, and to strengthen citizens’ relationships with government officials.
The TIS program is currently seeking an effective and highly motivated Intern.
As our Grants intern you will be part of the Grants department and work closely with Grants team.
The intern will be based at the TIS DAI support office in Nairobi.
Qualifications and skills sought:
- Student pursing first degree in Bachelor of Commerce – Finance/Accounts option, Bachelor of Law, Political Science, International Relations, International Development or related field.
- Excellent writing and communications skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work.
- Independently and cooperatively with team members.
- 2 – 3 months relevant experience preferably with International NGO/UN is highly desirable.
- Excellent computer skills (Outlook express, MS Office, emails).
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to multi-task and self-manage.
- Ability to work with multi-ethnic team in a culturally appropriate manner.
- Must have a good command of English in both oral and writing skills.
- Somali speaking is a requirement.
- Be able to interact with partners and peers.
- Ability and willingness to learn and work with teams based in Nairobi and field sites.
Do you have the above qualifications and skills?
(1) a CV and
(2) Cover letter
(3) Three professional references
Closing date: 5 pm, Friday, 17 January 2014.
Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted.