USAID TIS Program Finance Manager Job Re-Advertisement
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Jan 18, 2014
Seeking: Finance Manager
Are you a Kenyan with finance experience and interest in working on a Somalia program?
Do you want to make a difference in Somalia?
Would you like to join a dynamic team working on stabilization initiatives for Somalia?
Please read on!
The Transition Initiatives for Stabilization (TIS) program is funded by USAID and responds to the complex crisis that has evolved in Somalia.
The overall program goal is to mitigate conflict; to build community cohesion, and to strengthen citizens-government relationships.
TIS implements quick impact activities linked to longer-term stabilization goals.
The TIS program is currently seeking a skilled, diplomatic, effective, and highly motivated Finance Manager to join our Nairobi based finance team.
Qualifications and Skills Sought:
- University degree in Accounting or Financial Management
- Certification in accounting (i.e. CPA-K) required.
- Seven years’ experience in financial accounting or financial management.
- Experience working using Oracle as a financial management system preferred.
- Previous auditing experience.
- Previous experience working in Somalia a plus.
- Knowledge of Kenyan tax laws.
- Demonstrable knowledge of USAID regulations and compliance standards.
- In addition, must be flexible, willing to perform assigned and additional duties and work irregular hours under unpredictable conditions.
- Management experience required
- Ability to audit financial documentation.
- Ability to prepare financial reports.
- Ability to prepare complex budget forecasts and other financial planning tools.
- Knowledge of accounting software.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to manage a diverse range of professional relationships essential.
Languages: English language fluency required. Somali language fluency preferred.
Do you have the above qualifications and skills?
1) a CV
2) current position and salary history and
3) three professional references
Closing date: Friday, January 17, 2014.
Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted.
If you applied for this position in the previous advert, kindly send your application again.