USAID TIS Program Engineer Job Vacancy
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Feb 4, 2014
Do you want to make a difference in Somalia?
Would you like to join a dynamic team working on peace and development in Somalia please
USAID Transition Initiatives for Stabilization (TIS) program
The Transition Initiatives for Stabilization (TIS) program is funded by USAID and responds to the complex crisis that has evolved in Somalia.
TIS implements quick impact activities linked to longer-term stabilization goals.
The TIS program is currently seeking a skilled, diplomatic, effective, and highly motivated Engineer.
As our Engineer you will work closely with the Senior Grants Manager, the Senior Engineer, the Field Coordinator, Procurement, Finance, and other functional teams, as well local government officials, and community leaders to support the above noted program objectives in project areas.
This position will be based in Nairobi with frequent travels project areas in Somalia.
The work of the Engineer requires detailed knowledge of Somali culture, engineering and construction, highly developed collaboration and networking skills and the exercise of discretion, judgment, and personal responsibility.
Qualifications and skills sought:
- University degree in Civil Engineering.
- Three years of progressively responsible professional experience are required.
- Experience in working on engineering and/or construction projects highly desirable.
- Three years’ experience working with USAID or an international donor is preferred, but not required.
- Experience in program development, reporting; budgeting; networking highly sought.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Previous experience working in Somalia highly sought.
- In addition, must be flexible, willing to perform assigned and additional duties and work irregular hours under unpredictable conditions.
- Demonstrated expertise working in Somalia on construction and/or engineering projects and socio-political and culture issues.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to manage a diverse range of professional relationships essential.
- English and Somali language fluency required.
Do you have the above qualifications and skills?
Please send (1) a CV (2) current position and salary history and (3) three professional references to [email protected]
Closing date: Thursday, February 06, 2014.
Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted.