University Finance Manager Job in Kenya
Our Client embraces diversity to prepare learners for positions of leadership and fulfilled lives of service to humanity- driven by technology, market relevance, creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship.
In order to grow locally and set up a platform in the region, our client seeks to hire a Finance Manager who will report to the Deputy Vice Chancellor – APD.
Job Summary: The Finance manager will be responsible for overseeing financial management within the organization, development of prudent financial system, risk management, internal control system in accordance with international standards, and work with the organization’s management and BOD to formulate and implement long-term strategic plans.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement prudent financial and investment plans in the Finance department to minimize financial risks in the organization
- Manage the complete finance function including statutory accounting, management reporting, tax returns & budgeting based on international standards
- Develop and maintain sound internal control procedures, and implement an efficient and timely financial reporting system
- Manage the preparation of monthly, quarterly and year-end financial reports including income, balance sheet, and cash flow statements
- Liaise with other departments to ensure organizational goals and objectives are met
- Align the operations of the finance department with the appropriate technology to increase operational efficiency
- Attend BOD meetings and Implement financial policies, decisions of the Board of Directors to ensure efficient administration of the organization’s financial resources, and accountability of financial rules
- Update the Board of Directors regarding changes in legislations or regulations that may affect the business operations and ensure that all statutory legal financial obligations are met on time
- Supervise, train and mentor staff within the department
- Bachelor’s degree in either Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field. A master’s degree in a related field will be an added advantage
- Professional accounting qualification CPA (k), ACCA
- At least 5 years’ experience in a busy finance department in a senior position preferably in the Education sector
- Member of the institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) or any other accounting professional body
- Experience in Navision Dynamics Accounting software is an added advantage
- Excellent Communication and interpersonal skills
- Possess leadership skill and ability to work with diverse teams
- High level of integrity and honesty
- Sound Analytical and IT skills relevant in finance related packages.
Kindly send a 2 page CV and cover letter detailing your experience, qualification and motivation for the job to [email protected] and address it to The Recruitment Manager as soon as you read this advert.