University of Eldoret
Office of the Vice-Chancellor
The University of Eldoret is a public University with eights (8) schools namely; Agriculture and Biotechnology; Science; Environmental Studies; Engineering; Natural Resource Management; Education; Business and Management Sciences; and Human Resource Development. It has over 11, 000 students, 1105 employees and land measuring 1,057 acres.
The University has a Vision of being a “premier university that is globally visible in knowledge generation and technological innovations” and a Mission of “providing high quality education and training in science, agriculture and technology that promotes networking, partnerships and linkages with other institutions and industry”.
To give the University a dynamic and strategic leadership, the University Council invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons with excellent credentials to provide leadership to the institution in the positions indicated below:
Senior Administrative Positions
A. Office of the Vice-Chancellor
1. Senior Procurement Officer – Scale 13 (1 Position) UOE/ADM/VC/01/12/2013
2. Senior Internal Auditor-Scale 13 (1 Position) UOE/ADM/VC/02/12/2013
3. Senior Legal Officer – Scale 13 (1position) UOE/ADM/VC/03/12/2013
4. Assistant Registrar (Corporate Affairs and Marketing) – (Scale 12) (1 Position) UOE/ADM/VC/04/12/2013
5. Principal Security Officer – (Scale 13) (1 Position) UOE/ADM/VC/05/12/2013
B. Office of Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Administration and Finance)
1. Registrar (Administration) – Scale 15 (1 Position) UOE/ADM/A&F/01/12/2013
2. Registrar (Planning) – Scale 15 (1 Position) UOE/ADM/A&F/02/12/2013
3. Deputy Finance Officer – Scale 14 (1 Position) UOE/ADM/A&F/03/12/2013
4. Senior Accountant – Scale 13 (4 Positions) UOE/ADM/A&F/04/12/2013
5. Senior Medical Officer – Scale 13 (1 Position) UOE/ADM/A&F/05/12/2013
6. Transport Officer – Scale 12 (1 Position) UOE/ADM/A&F/06/12/2013
C. Office of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic and Students’ Affairs)
1. Registrar (Academic) – Scale 15 (1 Position) UOE/AC/ASA/01/12/2013
2. University Librarian – Scale 15 (1 Position) UOE/AC/ASA/02/12/2013
3. Dean of Students – Scale 15 (1 Position) UOE/AC/ASA/03/12/2013
4. Senior Students’ Counselor – Scale 13 (1 Position) UOE/ADM/ASA/04/12/2013
All applicants must meet the following general requirements:
- Must satisfy Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya
- Must obtain clearance from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB), Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC), Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA), Credit Reference Bureau (CRB), a Certificate of Good Conduct from the National Police Service and Commission for University Education (CUE).
Terms and Conditions of Service
- Successful candidates for the position will be offered a competitive remuneration package, including house allowance and other benefits in accordance with the Kenya Government public service guidelines.
- The appointment will be on permanent and pensionable terms.
Submission of Applications
- Applicants of positions under scale 12 and 13 should send soft copies of their applications via e-mail address to Vice-Chancellor at [email protected] Hand over delivered applications to be dropped in the Procurement Box in the Vice-Chancellor’s Office using the Vice-Chancellor address given below or send by post.
- Applications of positions under scale 14 and 15 should send soft copies of their applications via the e-mail to [email protected] Hand delivered applications to be dropped in the Tender Box in the Chairman’s Office using the Chairman’s address given below or by post.
- All applicants should submit detailed curriculum vitae (detailing academic qualifications, professional experience, and membership of professional associations), copies of certificates e-mail addresses and telephone contacts.
- They should provide names, telephone numbers and contact addresses of three referees.
Three (3) copies of the applications and referees’ confidential reports on the applicant’s suitability should be submitted as indicated above.
Interested candidates are advised to visit the University website for more information on duties, responsibilities and requirements.
The Chairman of Council
University of Eldoret
P. O. Box 1125-30100
Applications should be received on or before Monday 23rd December 2013 at 4pm.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and canvassing will result to automatic disqualification.
University of Eldoret is an equal opportunity employer