UNICEF Somalia Job in Nairobi – Logistics Officer
Category: Logistics Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Jun 17, 2013
UNICEF Somalia Logistics Officer (Monitoring and VISION Support) Job in Nairobi Kenya (6 Months). The Somalia office manages an average inventory of approximately 30 to 35 M USD in its current operations amidst a very challenging and constantly changing distribution environment.
The current staff set-up functions well and the staff are equipped to manage the day-to-day operations.
Vacancy Announcement Ref: UNSOM/2013/031Terms of Reference for Logistics Monitoring and VISION supportTitle: Logistics Officer (Monitoring and VISION Support)
Category and Grade Level: NOB
Type of Contract: Temporary Appointment
Length Of Contract: 6 months
Organization Unit: Operations
Duty Station: USSC, Nairobi
Date of Issue: 14 June 2013
Closing date: 21 June 2013
That said, considering the high operational workload, any added task, especially the reconciliation of inventory or back-up tasks when staff are on leave, or the recent verification exercise on such a large-scale has a serious knock-on effect on the team that can quickly spiral into a backlog.
The purpose of this function is to monitor ROs, prepare KPIs and dashboard statistics and review the inventory data for anomalies including monitor and manage the physical counts in all locations.Purpose of the PositionUnder the direct supervision and guidance of the logistics Specialist, the Logistics Officer will be responsible for providing technical and oversight monitoring for the logistics function in USSC.Scope of Work
Under the general guidance of the Logistics Specialist, the staff will be required to:
- Monitor Release orders (RO) from the time the signed ROs are received in the Supply & Logistics section to ensure accuracy of data
- Prepare monthly KPIs to measure performance and track exceptions in the RO process, in terms of which ROs are delayed or stalled.
- Provide input to the dashboard statistics
- Review the inventory data for anomalies especially the Stock Differences Bin to ensure timely write offs for expired supplies, discrepancies in quantities and supplies on PSB
- Monitor and provide oversight for the physical count activities in all locations.
- Provide VISION support to the team and zones as required
- Provide back up functions during staff leave
For the duration of the term, the following periodic reports must be made available:
- Fortnightly issuance of the Stock report: Ensure preparation and issuance of the stock report every 2 weeks.
- Monthly report on expired stock: Ensure preparation and issuance of the list of expired stock once a month and timely movement of the expired stock to the EXPIRED bin
- Summary report on the status of the Physical count: This should be prepared once all zones / locations have completed their physical count (quarterly)
- Extract and consolidate statistics for the Dash Board. This is an overview of statistical data to be shared
- Monthly reports on Key Performance Indicators. Consolidate and analyse logistics date against established KPI’s – internal as well as external with service providers
Expected Qualifications Background and Experience
- University degree in Business Administration, Management, Engineering or a related technical field preferably in Logistic / Supply Chain Management.
- At least 5 years of professional work experience in Logistics or supply chain management.
- Proven experience in ERP systems with strong analytical skills and ability to extract and conceptualise logistics data.
- Varied supply/logistics functional background an asset, from contracting to warehousing, distribution coordination and reporting.
Other skills and attributes required:
- Good negotiating, communication and advocacy skills; good judgment and capacity to deal with third-party contactors and counterparts of different levels and background; ability to work productively in a multi-cultural environment; and willingness to travel and live in locations with difficult conditions
- Computer skills and various office applications.
Core Competencies (Required)
- Working with People
- Drive for Results
Functional Competencies (Required)
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts
- Applying Technical Expertise
- Learning and Researching
- Planning and Organizing
Interested and qualified Kenyan Nationals candidates should send their applications with updated UN Personal History Form (P.11), updated CV, copies of academic certificates to the email address below.
UN staff are requested to provide at least two Performance Evaluation Reports (PERs). Please quote the vacancy number and post title in the subject line of your application.
Applications submitted without a duly completed and signed Personal History Form (P11) will not be considered.Email to: [email protected] short-listed applicants will be contactedUNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.