UNICEF Information Job in Nairobi Kenya
UNICEF Information Management Officer Job in Nairobi Kenya
Case No: ESA14007
Post: Information Management Officer – NO-A
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the above Fixed Term position in the Regional Emergency Support Unit (RESU); UNICEF ESARO.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Information Management for Humanitarian Action
- Support information management through providing professional assistance in data collection and analysis, the presentation of patterns and trends, and timely, complete and accurate reporting on the humanitarian situation in Eastern and Southern Africa.
- Participate in information exchange with ESARO humanitarian focal points and support (secretariat) functions for regular meetings, reviews and follow-up.
- Provide technical assistance in program planning and review by collecting and analyzing data and monitoring implementation progress.
- Participate in key programme evaluation/review exercises in consultation with the Regional Emergency Advisor to improve efficiency and quality of program delivery. Participate in annual planning and review meetings.
- Collaborate and prepare annual and special status reports in a timely manner, as required.
- Through the development of effective information management tools and strategies, support the continuous focus on UNICEF’s Core Commitments to Children in the formulation of work planning objectives and the development of strategies and implementation frameworks.
- Make recommendations on new initiatives and information management issues to ensure achievement of stated objectives.
- Support Country Offices within the region with technical assistance and support in improving / developing emergency information management systems to support decision making, programme design and effective monitoring, and integration of information management good practice into national systems.
- Contribute to the strengthening of partnerships and collaboration with internal and external counterparts, including those of UNICEF ESARO and COs and other identified regional/country level partners, in order to improve the ability to collect and disseminate data and information, exchange information.
- Monitor the allocation and disbursement of section funds, making sure that funds are properly coordinated, monitored and liquidated.
- Ensure timely, efficient and compliant processes and transactions including for travel, service contracts and asset management
Education: University degree in Information Management (Geographic Sciences, Information Technology, Information Systems, Statistics) or Social Sciences, Humanitarian Studies, International Relations with specialized training in data/information management or/and graphics design and visualization.
- Strong knowledge of Excel and MS Access.
- Ability to present information in understandable tables, charts and graphs
- GIS and mapping using ESRI ArcGIS or open source software
- Data management skills
- Communications and writing skills, using both graphic and narrative presentations
- Minimum of 3 years of experience – including field experiences in information management in an international development or humanitarian setting.
- Willingness and ability to work in difficult environments, in often stressful, time-critical situations.
- Developing country work experience or field work experience.
Language: Fluency in English and another UN language of the duty station.
Interested and suitable candidates should ensure they forward their applications along with their curriculum vitae (internal candidates should attach copies of their last two Performance Evaluation Reports), to:
The Human Resources Manager
UNICEF Kenya Country Office
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate Reference No. “ESARO/RESU/2013-020.” in the email subject.
Interested candidates should also complete the Personal History (P11) form, which can be downloaded from the UNICEF Kenya website (http://www.unicef.org/kenya).