UNFPA Human Resource Specialist Job in Nairobi, Kenya
- Review business case for Relocation exercise in order to understand background prior to embarking on the Exercise;
- Facilitate discussion with Kenyan staff on the Relocation Process;
- Participate in the meetings with the RR, DHR and HR Facilitation teams and identify potential points of resistance and develop specific actions to mitigate or address the concerns;
- Facilitate coaching, counseling sessions, and training on Competency Based Assessment for Kenyan staff
- Manage Separation Process (calculate separation packages where applicable);
- Brief staff on Benefits and Entitlements;
- Guide separating staff on separation procedures, assist to fill forms and submit to relevant units/offices;
- Conduct Exit Interviews.
- Prepare, review and classify TORs for new positions in Somalia;
- Advertise all identified positions;
- Plan the Recruitment Process (advertising, long listing, shortlisting, identify and propose assessment techniques);
- Consult supervisors and senior management on Interview Panels composition;
- Manage and support the pre-screening processes and activities;
- Manage receipt of applications;
- Develop interview schedules;
- Design interview questions with assistance from management/DHR;
- Participate in interview panels as facilitator/non-voting member;
- Brief panel members on interview methods;
- Draft Interview reports;
- Oversee assessment and selection of candidates;
- Conduct Reference checks as applicable;
- Assist in obtaining final clearances (CRB);
- Prepare Letters of Offer and negotiate where applicable.
- Meeting reports with Staff
- Separation Documentation
- Long/Short-list of candidates
- Interview/CRB reports containing recommendations on suitable candidates for vacant
- End of Mission Report
- Advanced degree in health, population, demography and/or other related social science field.
- Five years professional experience in the field of development and population activities, with experience in programme/ project management.
- Ensures achievement of results through effective implementation and monitoring of programme/ project implementation.
- Identifies opportunities for project development and formulates proposals ensuring substantive rigour in the design and application of proven successful approaches.
- Creates and improves processes and products.
- Devises innovative strategies, best practices and new approaches.
- Establishes, maintains and utilizes a broad network of contacts to keep abreast of developments and share information.
- Strengthens and creates strategic alliances with partners and stakeholders.
- Maintains a functioning network of contacts in the media and civil society to lead advocacy efforts, and takes opportunities to advocate UNFPA’s mandate.
- Ensures development of appropriate resource mobilization strategies, and maintenance of information and databases on donors and project profiles for presentation to donors.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Depending on the duty station, a working knowledge of another UN language such as French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese or Russian may be required.
UNFPA will only be able to respond to those applications in which there is further interest.
UNFPA Work Environment
Notice to applicants: In accordance with the rules of the United Nations, persons applying to posts in the international Professional category, who hold permanent resident status in a country other than their country of nationality, are required to renounce such status upon their appointment. Exceptions to this rule are very limited and can be made only for: (a) stateless persons; (b) newly appointed staff members who have applied for citizenship by naturalization, when such citizenship will be granted imminently; (c) acting staff members in the General Service and related categories with permanent residency status, on promotion to the Professional category; (d) staff members appointed under a temporary appointment. Please understand that UNFPA is not in a position to provide advice on or assistance in applying for any citizenship.
* No expectancy of renewal in accordance with UN Staff Regulations 4.5