Underwriting Assistant Job in Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Jan 23, 2014
The position reports to the Branch Manager.
- Assess risks and make acceptable decisions after proper analysis of clients data
- Assist in ensuring that systems and procedures covering underwriting operations are adhered to.
- Ensure high standard of customer service
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of underwriting documents
- Ensure that files are well documented and all communications and transactions recorded.
- Ensure proper declarations of motor certificates and required stationeries to ensure proper re-order levels.
- Ensure safe keeping and proper accounting of Motor certificates, cover notes, yellow cards and any other underwriting documents.
- Process all claims arising out of the branch
- Maintaining accurate and proper records in the branch
- Ensure proper and accurate premium processing
- Ensure compliance with company procedures on receipting, banking and premium processing
- Ensure dispatch of customer cheques at the branch are done within set timelines
- Verifies customers’ claims
- Approval of petty cash in the absence of the Branch Manager
- Ensure dispatch of policy documents, endorsements, receipts and certificates
- Maintenance of a record of all business forwarded and policy documents/certificates received.
- Offer administrative support to branch manager, agents and supervision of office staff.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the agency manager from time to time.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Experience
- Undergraduate degree
- Professional course eg. ACII, AIIK
- 2 years working experience
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Capable of working under pressure with little or no supervision.
Key Skills/Specialization: Undergraduate Degree, ACII and AIIK
Closing Date: Friday, January 24, 2014