Uganda Investment Authority: Job vacancy for a Director
Uganda Investment Authority (UIA) is the agency set up by an Act of Parliament (Investment Code 1991) to promote and facilitate private sector investment in Uganda.
The agency serves to:
Provide first hand information on investment opportunities in Uganda; Issue Investment Licenses; Assist in securing other licenses and secondary approvals for investors; Help investors to implement their project ideas through assistance in locating relevant project support services; Provide assistance in the acquisition of industrial land; Help to obtain work permits and special passes for investors and their expatriate staff; Arrange contacts for potential investors and organize itineraries for visiting foreign missions in the country; Assist investors in seeking joint venture partners and funding; Review and make policy recommendations to Government about investment.
Experience5 to 7 Years
Educational QualificationMaster’s Degree-Post Graduate (MA, MSc, MComm, LLB)
SkillsCommunication: Speaking effectively
Organization, Management and Leadership: Coordinating tasks
Work Survival: Meeting goals
Work Survival: Accepting responsibility
Job StatusFull Time
Role• Develop the National Strategic Plan for SME’s
Job Title: Director
Reporting to: Executive Director
•Raised level of value adding investment and improved incomes for SMEs
•Increased number of micro-enterprises growing the level of SMEs and becoming eligible to UIA SME facilitation services
• Increased availability of publicity, information and awareness of UIA services to the SME sector.
• High level of collaboration of all stakeholders impacting on SME development in Uganda.
• An increased number of SMEs growing to be large size enterprises and impacting positively on the growth and development of the Ugandan economy.
• SME Policy.
• Web portal.
• Database of research publications
Main Duties and Responsibilities.
• Develop the National Strategic Plan for SME’s.
• Coordinate and supervise development of the National SMF, policy and strategy.
• Oversee the implementation of the National SME policy and strategy.
• Carryout and coordinate SME relevant research and provide business related information to the SME.
• Liaise with business development service providers and other partners and to effectively address SME problems and concerns
• Participate in development of linkage between TNCs/large companies and SMEs .
• Indentify and minimize of administrative barriers to the SME sector
•Advise, appraise, register and facilitate SMEs as provided by the UIA work plan
•.Carryout detailed divisional planning and budgeting activities.
•Prepare the division’s documentations and reports
•Supervise the staff in SME division
Qualifications and experience;
• Masters Degree in Commerce, Economics, Statistics, Business Administration, Entrepreneurship, or Development Studies.
• Any other postgraduate qualification will be an added advantage
• At least 5 years working experience in SME support activities, preferably with private sector, Business Support organization, entrepreneurship training or public sector
• Demonstrated proficiency in programme planning, implementation and monitoring. Further more she/he must possess excellent written and oral communication skills, have strong computer skills and be able to work under minimum pressure.
• Computes literate with demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft office and PowerPoint
Apply for this job
Applications with comprehensive typed CV, copies of transcripts and certificates together with the applicant’s telephone contact, names, addresses and telephone numbers of three referees should be sent to;
The Executive Director
Uganda Investment Authority
P.O Box 7418, Kampala
• Only short listed applicants will be contacted for interviews
• Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification,
Closing Date: 05/12/2010