Tullow Oil Social Performance Manager Job in Kenya
Tullow Oil Social Performance Manager Job in Kenya
Tullow Oil is Africa’s leading independent oil and gas exploration and production company and is a constituent of the London FTSE100.
We provide the opportunities to build a solid future within our rapidly expanding portfolio and provide competitive rewards as part of our people strategy. Our high level of employee engagement is also one of our key success factors that we want to continue building on.
Tullow Oil is seeking talented, motivated, skilled individuals to fill the following role:
The Social Performance Manager will also have a key role in ongoing issues management as it pertains to socio-economic impacts; this will include managing the portfolio of social investment and benefit packages and any land use agreements.
- Input into the development of the Environmental & Social Performance Management System (accounting for existing operations and future development).
- Manage the acquisition of socio-economic baseline data and ensure the findings are fully integrated into relevant business planning activities.
- In close cooperation with the EHS and Asset Protection departments, manage social, socio-economic and human rights impact assessment (stand alone and as integrated within the EIA process) and associated action planning and execution.
- Ensure that the appropriate management plans are in place and executed in accordance with the requirements of the ESIA.
- Oversee the development and execution of a robust land access & acquisition framework to support operations in accessing land and providing compensation to impacted communities in a timely and appropriate fashion and in accordance with agreed processes.
- Support other company initiatives (environmental awareness, local content etc) which contribute to social performance management as requested.
- Drive the adoption and implementation of IFC Performance Standards (and other industry standards) as appropriate to ensure management of social impacts pertaining to Tullow’s operations and risks.
- Cooperate closely with Asset Protection to ensure Human Rights issues (including conflict) are integrated into assessment processes and management plans as appropriate.
- Community Engagement & Consultation
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders in the operational areas including regulators, local authorities, NGOs / CSOs, religious institutions and cultural bodies etc.
- Ensure the field base Social Performance team are executing the agreed community engagement programme in support of E&A delivery requirements.
- Develop, manage and execute a long term community consultation and disclosure programme (including grievance management) in support of business requirements.
- Represent Tullow Kenya at key engagements which require social input / knowledge (ie. NGO engagement).
- Oversee the development of a robust social investment programme (combining short and long term initiatives, nationally and locally).
- Ensure the effective and timely execution of the Tullow Kenya Social Investment Strategy (local and national) accounting for business risks, operations and community development requirements.
- Drive the development of a long term appropriate Negotiate Benefits Package (or similar) in support of the long term development planning process.
- General Management
- Deploy social performance human resources according to business requirements and provide input into business planning processes / decisions as required (accounting for operational impacts and stakeholder impacts on the business objectives).
- Contribute to risk assessments and management planning as required.
- Participate and contribute to Social Performance audits / reviews (either internal or external).
- Engage and manage specialist consultants as required.
- Actively contribute to the leadership and management of the Tullow Kenya Business.
- Manage the annual budget cycle, forecasting and key Social Investment Contracts.
- Play a key role in the proactive management of business issues, particularly those pertaining to Tullow Oil Kenya activities.
- Degree qualified in social sciences / humanities (ie. anthropology / development economics).
- A least ten years previous experience working within a development / social performance role in extractive industries (mining or oil & gas) and to World Bank / IFC standards.
- Previous exposure to technical aspects of environmental / social impact assessment of major infrastructure / extractive projects.
- Previous experience in land access and displacement action planning according to World Bank / IFC standards is essential.
- Demonstrated experience in securing both temporary and permanent access to land resources for the purposes of major infrastructure development.
- Management experience within a major infrastructure / resource sector is essential.
- Demonstrated experience in managing large and diverse teams across remote locations.
- Experience in the management of grievances and supporting systems.
- Experience in developing and executing social investment and community development projects within the extractive sector.
- Experience in managing large budgets and complex schedules
- Demonstrated ability to develop a strategic approach to social and socio-economic impact management including defining the requirements for external technical support.
- Technical skills in baseline acquisition and management planning.
- Ability to integrate social outcomes / risks into business and project planning as required.
- Ability to identify and select appropriate delivery mechanisms for social investment (ie. Project execution, partnerships, outsourcing, leveraging third party finance etc).
- Demonstrated ability to produce effective frameworks, policies and procedures to ensure timely access and minimize associated impacts.
- Ability to develop and implement strategies (including key stakeholder engagement) to secure desired outcomes and support objectives.
- Build and maintain a network of local stakeholders and informed parties.
- Ability to translate complex information into strong, easily delivered messages, including the ability to influence, inspire confidence and build trust at all levels.
- Ability to manage external consultants / advisors (as appropriate) to support key deliverables and build capacity.
- Able to work on own initiative as well as effectively as part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to manage conflict situations including conflict resolution and analysis.
Email: [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.