Tullow Oil Job in Kenya – Accountant Vacancy
Tullow Oil Accounts Payable (AP) Accountant Job in Kenya
Job Title: Accounts Payable (AP) Accountant
Reports To: Senior Financial Accountant
Job Purpose: To ensure timely and accurate registering and processing of invoices in accordance with Company policies, timely communication to various Suppliers on payments and to maintaining up to date, accurate supplier reconciliations.
Responsibilities / Key Objectives:
- Accurately register, code and process invoices for payment ensuring that all invoices are approved in accordance with the Company delegation of authority limits.
- Follow-up and resolve Invoice Queries Externally and Internally.
- Ensure monthly reconciliation of vendor accounts.
- Ensure vendor payments are achieved within the agreed contractual payment terms.
- Generate aging and other vendor reports as required.
- Prepare month end accrual journals.
- Requesting for supplier account creation in Maximo.
- Participate in and contribute to process and system improvement initiatives.
- Ensure accurate recordings and treatment of Withholding Tax.
- Provide ad-hoc support to the JV and Financial accounting team.
- Assist in audit file preparation.
- Degree and CPA/ACCA part qualification.
- At least 3 years working experience in a similar role.
- Experience of working in the upstream oil and gas industry would be an added advantage.
- SUN/SAP working experience
- Strong interpersonal skills with a professional attitude
- Adept at dealing with individuals at all levels in the organisation.
- High attention to detail and quality, ‘first right time’ approach
- Excellent time management skills and demonstrate aptitude for continuous improvement
Tausi Court, 3rd Floor, along Tausi Road,
P O Box 6416, Nairobi, GPO 00100
e-mail: [email protected]