Tullow Oil Aviation Supervisor Job in Kenya
Tullow Oil is seeking talented, motivated, skilled individual to fill the following position:
- Manage day to day aviation and travel operations, ensuring compliance to Kenyan and International rules and regulations as well as Oil and Gas Producers (OGP) guidelines.
- Enhance the capability and performance of the Aviation/Travel service through the definition and implementation of improved skills, processes, systems and procedures
- Monitor and register the risks associated and establish the proper procedures following risk assessment.
- Establish and maintain an organization capable of administering the provision of a safe, economical, efficient and effective air transportation service for the movement of passengers and cargo.
- Ensure adequate administrative and logistics support arrangements are made for the execution of air operations;
- Ensure all contractual provisions and obligations are satisfied and produces contract performance reports;
- Analyse mission reports submitted by aircraft commanders after completion of tasks and provides advice to movements planners;
- Assist and advise Tullow management in determining its air transport needs and design a scheduled service that will cater to needs of the activity in Kenya to the extent possible, without compromising safety, efficiencies and economies;
- Periodically review and analyze route structures, aircraft payload, cargo and passenger traffic statistics to assess viability of routes and service improvements;
- Develop a customer friendly central reservations desk and Nairobi travel desk to ensure single point of contact for all travel in/ and around Kenya.
- Provide technical input to other departments such as facilities and civil for airstrip upgrades, fire fighting equipment
- Assist with regional, global aviation requirements.
- Manage and schedule all personnel transportation requirements for air and liaise with LTST (Land Transport Safety Team) for transfers from both JKIA and Wilson operations.
- Manage and schedule all personnel accommodation requirements in Nairobi and the field.
- Proactively manage service provider contracts with significant focus on costs, performance and Environmental Health and Safety (EHS).
- Ensure full implementation of iCAMS and associated training.
- Implement operational security procedures to assure the protection and safeguarding of passengers, crew ground personnel, the general public and facilities of an airport/airstrip to any extent within his/her ability in cooperation with appropriate authorities
- Perform risk assessments prior to the tasking of aircraft and keep all personnel informed of the actual and potential hazards and causes of accidents/incidents;
- Manage the budget, account for expenditure, prepares budget submissions and performance reports;
- Record and provide statistical analysis of aircraft accidents/incidents; and
- Propagate safety publicity, education and dissemination of information.
- Ensure adequate and efficient safety organization is maintained throughout the designated Area of Operation;
- Liaise and advises the appropriate authorities on all safety matters and recommends remedial measures to counter actual or potential causes of aviation accidents/incidents
- Management of all contracts associated with aviation, fleet and fuel management and all associated services.
- Review invoices and ensure aligned with agreed contracts terms.
- Holds a Commercial Pilot License, Navigator License, Air Traffic Control License or Flight Operations Officer License (or its equivalent).
- Has had a minimum of 10 years experience in the aviation industry; and
- Has held a supervisory or management position in aviation operations or safety or has successfully completed an Aviation Safety Management course, Air Operations Management Course, or equivalent.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer literate, including use of spread sheets and data bases including SALEM, MAPS and iCAMS
- Project Management and Operational Reporting
- Strong leadership skills
- Planning and organisation skills
- Attention to detail
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
Email: [email protected] | Closing date: Wednesday 26th March 2014.