Position: Quality Assurance – Field Officer
Purpose of the Position: To help both the farmer and the manufacturer maximize production and increase potato quality and quantity.
- Development of long and medium term strategies and policies on raw potato production and supply to the company.
- Identifying potential potato farmers in the target regions for contract farming through field surveys based on company set criteria.
- Development of support programmes to create greater partnership between the company and potato farmers
- Establish long term business arrangements with potato suppliers
- Collecting, analyzing and presenting data in form of technical and non-technical written reports.
- Conducting oral and visual presentations, for non-technical audiences to enable informed decisions by non-technical groups.
- Identify competency gaps amongst contracted farmers, schedule and carry out farmer education, training and production forecasts
- Liaise with the relevant stake holders and government officials on potato production and availability.
- Represent the company in stake holders meetings
- Ensuring quality specifications of the produce are met at field level.
- Holder of a Degree -Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Economics, Horticulture, Agronomy or related field.
- Have 1-2 years’ experience in as a field Agronomist or in related field.
- Proven experience in Customer relations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Detail oriented and works with a high degree of accuracy
- Highly organized and flexible
- Must be self-directed and able to complete projects with limited supervision