Trianum Hospitality Chef and Housekeeping Stewards Jobs in Nairobi Kenya
Trianum Hospitality manages a network of high quality, fully furnished and serviced apartments and boutique hotels in multiple locations across Nairobi.
The Head cook reports to the Operations Manager and is responsible for the operations and supervision of the kitchen and kitchen staff.
Main responsibilities include:
- Planning, directing and supervising the activities of kitchen staff and providing an efficient and cost effective food service to the establishment
- Responsible for creating menus and ensuring that all menus are constantly updated, paying special attention to seasonal availability
- Implements correct procedures for food receiving and storage, food handling, preparation and distribution, kitchen sanitation and safety, equipment operation and cleaning
- Maintains food inventory control systems and requisitions and determines delivery dates for food and supplies from storage areas to meet daily menu requirements
- Ensures that sanitation, housekeeping and safety standards meet the requirements of local and statutory rules and regulations
- Supervises food production to ensure the quality and quantity control of menu items and that proper food handling techniques are followed at all times as well as checking food service for portion control, serving temperatures, food quality and sanitary procedures
- Ensures all staff are trained and adhere to prescribed techniques and standards
- Degree or diploma in culinary degree or related field or a combination of relevant education and experience
- At least 5 years of industry and culinary management experience.
- Previous experience with control of food and labor cost.
- Demonstrated menu development, costing, cooking, presentation, and pricing of meals.
- Demonstrate knowledge of HACCP, OSHA and other health and sanitation guidelines.
- Proficiency in any hotel operating system, Microsoft Suite (Excel, word, Outlook)
- Highly organized and with excellent management ability
The Housekeeping Stewards will report to the Housekeeping Supervisor and will be responsible for the cleaning of guest rooms and public areas.
Main responsibilities include:
- Cleaning the interior and exteriors of all buildings including windows as required
- Clean and arrange all guest rooms including the vacuuming, mopping floors, changing bed linen and arranging accessories
- Clean the offices, parking and gardening areas, guest and staff bathrooms and swimming pool area
- Use and keep account of all equipment and cleaning chemicals that are allocated for work
- Inspects all areas for the purpose of ensuring that they are in good working order and suitable for safe operations, maintained in an attractive and clean condition, identifying necessary repairs and reporting to maintenance and/or reception as required
- Clean up the guard houses and trash area and assist with collection and disposal of trash as required
- Complete additional responsibilities as assigned
- Completion of high school education and holder of certificate in housekeeping.
- At least 2 years of industry experience.
- Neat personal appearance, good command of English, polite and well mannered
- Demonstrate knowledge of cleaning chemicals and housekeeping procedures
Kindly indicate the position title in the Subject line of the email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.