Transport Supervisor Vacancy in Kenya (KShs 60K-80K)
Plan, organize & direct the work of the section to meet objectives with the most efficient use of personnel, facilities & equipment.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure that all vehicles are in good condition and fuelled every morning (personally) as per the managements directives.
- Monitor vehicles via the cyber trace and making the required weekly route report.
- Prepare all monthly reports and projections on the mileage covered against the set standards.
- Report any breakdowns to the management asap and ensuring that repairs are done within the shortest time possible.
- Manage the company service providers such as garages to ensure all vehicles are serviced, repaired and maintained in a timely and professional manner and that all legal requirements such as inspections, licenses and insurances are acquired on time.
- Ensure that the vehicles are clean on a daily basis.
- Ensure that spare parts are procured cost effectively and as per specifications, monitor vehicles usage and running costs and make appropriate recommendations to management on the same.
- Supervise and manage transport and delivery staff.
- Ensure that all communication equipments installed in the vehicles are in good working condition at all times.
- Handle all traffic & City Council related issues on an urgent basis in liaison with the management.
- Diploma in Logistics/ Fleet Management plus some mechanical and technical abilities.
- Must have minimum 3 yrs experience in similar position and be tuned into the conditions and dynamics of Kenya.
- Prior experience in fleet management including monitoring vehicle performance, managing running costs and records maintenance.
- Experience/knowledge in motor vehicle maintenance including troubleshooting and procurement of spare parts.
- Should have a sound knowledge of workshop operations/mechanics and be a solid team leader.
- Experience working with third parties such as garages, suppliers, insurance companies, licensing bodies etc.
- Excellent supervisory and reporting skills.
- Flexible working hours.
- Relationship building and maintenance skills.
- Good negotiation and communication skills.
- Excellent Interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Excellent supervisory and problem solving skills.
Deadline for receiving applications is 29th October 2011.
Hotpoint Appliances Ltd
P O Box 402 – 00606,
Email: [email protected]