Transparency International Administration Assistant Job in Kenya
Job Summary: Transparency International – Kenya (TI-Kenya) is part of the Transparency International group that is a non-partisan coalition of individuals with a shared vision of a corruption free world.
Duties and Responsibilities
a) Office Administration Duties
- Ensure that the office is opened in the morning on time and securely locked in the evenings at all times.
- Oversee the general security of the office premises and report any suspicious activities/behaviour that may breach office security.
- Ensure that office supplies are adequate. This includes stationery, kitchen supplies, tissue papers, water etc.
- Maintaining high levels of cleanliness in the office, for instance cleaning office floor, dusting the shelves, desks, cabinets etc.
- Ensure that TI Kenya receives newspapers, magazines, postal mails etc. in a timely manner and liaise with the ICT Officer for availability of online versions of same where applicable
- Office deliveries e.g parcels, correspondence etc as required
- General clerical duties as assigned by the supervisor such as filing, photocopying, and distribution of mail
- Maintaining in-house flowers, including watering them once a week and cleaning the pots
- Run office errands including delivering mails to various destinations and payment of statutory deductions, bank agent duties and other duties as will be assigned by your supervisor.
- Ensure that the kitchen area is always clean. Serve tea/soft drinks to TI-Kenya visitors.
- General maintenance of office furniture, equipment and repairs as and when required.
- Ensure that the office vehicle is properly and regularly maintained in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommended schedule and in adherence to the Traffic Act and other legislations in force.
- Make sure that the vehicle is serviced when service is due or as need be.
- Inspect the vehicle on a daily basis, to ensure that it is clean; with all parts intact, including having a spare tyre, jack, etc and fuelled for the errands of the day/week.
- Provide specialized transportation/driving to TI- Kenya staff to various destinations or when need be
- Maintain proper records of journeys made; updated log book indicating mileage, task accomplished, departure and arrival times, fuel taken etc. and any other records which may be required.
- Ensure that all vehicles are road worthy and possess all the necessary licenses and insurance required by the law. The vehicles should have valid licenses and insurances before driven.
- Ensure timely reporting any incidences/accidents
- Ensure that the cost of fuel and maintenance is kept within the assigned budget
- Any other duties that may be allocated to you from time to time
- Diploma in Business Administration or any other business related course
- Training in customer service or equivalent experience
- IT skills an added advantage
- Must be able to drive within Nairobi
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Organisation skills
- Record maintenance skills
- Customer service skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Honest and reliable
- Team working skills
- Valid driving license
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit one document as an attachment (combining the application letter and CV with at least three professional referees) by email on/before close of business on 20th March 2014 to: [email protected]
Please include the reference: ‘Administration Assistant’ as the subject of your email applications and indicate your current and expected salary in your application.
Do not attach your testimonials or certificates.