Training Officer Job in Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Feb 13, 2014
- To take a leading role in the development of the company training and development policy.
- To co-ordinate and assist members of the management team with training and development and performance management of their department employees.
- To ensure that all employees receive all statutory training necessary for their job and induction, health and safety, fire, job skills and customer service training as a minimum.
- To ensure all new employees receive induction training on day one.
- To ensure all employees are trained on the company IT systems.
- To implement and co-ordinate an annual training plan with regular reviews and respective actions.
- To ensure training courses are run according the company training plans.
- To design, update and revise training courses as required.
- To deliver company training and development programmes as necessary.
- To ensure that individual training needs are identified as part of the employee appraisal system and to ensure that these training needs are dealt with through the appropriate training and development system.
- To monitor and evaluate all training and development activities to ensure the delivery of business objectives.
- To ensure that any changes in the training function are communicated effectively to the relevant departments and that implementation is monitored.
- To ensure that all systems within the training function are properly maintained.
- To work with external providers ensuring training and development is in line with the company objectives.
- To regularly review training providers and benchmark against other providers.
- To ensure that all training is recorded.
- To ensure the company succession plans are up to date at all times with all performance appraisal results and training and development activities.
- To ensure that all training is carried out in a timely manner.
- To ensure that administration is completed to the company standard.
- To ensure effective filing of training and development documentation.
- To be responsible for the annual training and development budget and respective forecasting as required in conjunction with the management team.
- Bachelors’ degree in HR or a holder of higher diploma in HR and two years relevant work experience in a busy HR department.
- Experience in the service industry will be an added advantage.
- Good working knowledge of MS office applications.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Good negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly paced environment and highly proactive.
- Strong interpersonal, coordination and leadership skills.
If you meet the above minimum requirements, email your cv to; [email protected]