Training & Development Manager Job in Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Jan 29, 2014
Training & Development Manager
Duties / Responsibilities
- Delivering identified training programs to address performance gaps
- Developing a curriculum based on training needs assessment in the organization.
- Identifying training and development needs within the organization through training needs analysis surveys, appraisal schemes and regular consultation with other managers and conduct ongoing personal development classes for staff members where necessary.
- Designing training and development programmes based on both the organization’s and the individual’s needs;
- Preparing annual training calendar/plan and budget
- Develop and organize training manuals multimedia visual aids, and other educational materials for in-house courses; as well as organizing for out- job training.
- Deliver appropriate training within the set budget,
- Managing an effective performance management system through company-wide performance reviews
- Managing the delivery of training and development programmes and, in a more senior role, devising a training strategy for the organization;
- Monitoring and reviewing the progress of trainees through questionnaires and discussions with managers;
- Tracking training effectiveness
- Ensuring that statutory training requirements are met;
- Amending and revising programmes as necessary, in order to adapt to changes occurring in the work environment;
- Researching new technologies and methodologies in workplace learning and presenting this research to the management team.
- Maintain and keep updated records on all trainings both internal and external
- Conduct orientation sessions and arrange on-the-job training for new hires.
- Developing testing and evaluation procedures including evaluating instructor performance and the effectiveness of training programs; providing recommendations for improvement.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Deliver effective trainings based on the organizational needs
- Efficiency in utilization of Training Budget
- Continuity in the development of Training Programmes
- Statutory requirements met within the set time frames
- Updated training programmes aligning to the current work environment
- Effective training delivered in line with the training calendar.
- Up to date records on all the trainings conducted, including evaluations and feedbacks on all trainings and detailed performance records on the instructors
Education, Professional Training, Skills, Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences, hospitality or related field from a recognized Institution
- Higher National Diploma in relevant field from a recognized institution.
- Certified trainer
- Three years relevant experience in curriculum development and actual training in a recognized institution in the Hospitality industry (a must).
- Computer proficiency
- Ability to work within stringent deadlines and to multitask
- Excellent organizational and decision making skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Good interpersonal relationships
- Team player
- Good communication skills – oral and written
Email: [email protected]