Trade Marketing Executive Job in Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Mar 23, 2014
Trade Marketing Executive
Reports To: Market Manager Central & Eastern Africa.
Our client is the leading importer and marketer of luxury wines and spirits which are sold through its extensive international retail network.
Statement Of Responsibility
The Trade Marketing Executive is responsible for enhancing the luxury positioning of the company portfolio by maximising brand presence, visibility and activations in Kenya.
- Developing and implementing local trade marketing strategies, identifying opportunities for brands’ growth and creating & executing initiatives that build brand value and achieve volume and profitability objectives
- Understanding the Route to Market the company brands to get better understanding of the local market
- Liaising and coordinating with the sales team and suppliers / external agencies to ensure superior execution of trade marketing activations and brand image and visibility
- Building strong awareness and analysis of market trends (consumer, economic, political insight). Proactively monitoring and evaluating competitor activity including promotional & merchandising activity, category management and advertising to identify growth opportunities.
- Identifying and negotiating key brand visibility opportunities across the market
- Reporting monthly on all activities to the Market Manager Central & Eastern Africa.
- Creating records and continuously updating database of On & Off Trade accounts
- Supporting the sales team by facilitating product training, developing tailored made programs & promotions and providing operational support in the execution of Trade Marketing activities
- Supporting the Market Manager in monitoring the Brands’ promotion and marketing budgets to maximize A&P investments
- Acting as a true Brand ambassador at internal and external Brand events with the sales force, trade, consumers, public relations agencies, press, etc.
- Internal: Market Manager & Regional Team at the organisation
- External: Distributors sales team, customers /clients, consumers, suppliers, PR Agencies, Media (Press & Digital TV),networking.
Knowledge And Skills Required
Technical & management skills:
- Sense of business and brand ownership
- High level of creativity and awareness of new trends (fashion, arts, restaurants, travel, etc.)
- Building effective relationships up, down and across the organization
- Ability to navigate in a less structured environment
Personal & interpersonal skills:
- Self-motivated and passionate about Brand development
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to embody the Brand in “public events”
- Extrovert and like night life, like going out in on trade outlets (restaurants, bars, discos)
- 6 Key competences: action-oriented, drive for results, customer focus, strategic agility, creativity, learning on the fly
- Business Administration, Marketing or similar degree. Ideally graduated from a top university.
- Min of 5 years commercial and marketing experience within a consumer goods or luxury goods organization
- Strong sensitivity to the luxury wines & spirits universe
If interested, send in your CV to [email protected] indicating the Job position on the Job title