Total Kenya Mechanical Engineers Jobs in Kenya
Total Kenya Limited, a leading multinational Petroleum Company with operations spread all over Kenya is seeking to recruit performance – drivenMechanical Engineers to fill existing vacancies.
To provide technical engineering support to all functions of the business, in line with Total Kenya’s business policies and best engineering practices.
Reporting to the Technical & Engineering Manager, the successful candidate’s principal accountabilities will include:
- Providing preliminary and detailed plans, layouts and designs for proposed new projects and facility modification/upgrades.
- Preparing projects cost estimates for budgeting purposes.
- Preparing works specifications and bills of quantities for tendering and / or work execution purposes.
- Contract administration.
- Post evaluation of works and ensuring effective project commissioning.
- Follow up of routine maintenance of facilities and equipment.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering from a reputed University;
- Over 5 years experience in mechanical designs and construction supervision, preferably within the oil industry.
- Fully conversant with/trained on Health, Safety, Environment and Quality policies and requirements within the oil industry.
- Over three years experience in development and writing of Bills of Quantities, cost estimates and specifications.
- Over three years experience in Tender and Contract documentation.
- Fully proficient in AutoCAD 2000 design software.
- Fully proficient in Micro Soft Projects Office 2000.
- Focused individual with attention to detail & ability to work under pressure, odd hours and to a tight deadline.
- A team player with good interpersonal communication skills.
- In possession of valid driver’s license.
Interested candidates who meet the set criteria may send their applications enclosing detailed CVs, copies of academic certificates, testimonials and daytime telephone contact so as to reach the undersigned before 8th July 2011.
Human Resource & Administration Manager
Total Kenya Limited
P.O. Box 30736-00100
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.