Tools & Equipment Rental Job in Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Sep 9, 2013
Tools & Equipment Rental / Hire Business General Manager Job in Kenya
Our client in the business of Tools and Equipment rental/hire is in need of a General Manager
To provide strategic leadership, business development, achievement of revenue and profit targets of the tool and equipment of rental business.
This person will provide both business and sales leadership and oversight to both the retail hardware business plus the tools and equipment rental business.
1) Business Development – Develop, grow and expand new lines of business including carrying the overall responsibility for the revenue and profit targets (P&L) of the business.
2) Leadership – Provide overall leadership to the business including staff motivation and development.
3) Financial – Responsible for the financial management and health of the business.
4) Human Resources – Responsible for building the right team including Monitoring, Mentoring and evaluating performance.
5) Strategy – In liaison with Board, assist in the development of strategic plans for operational activity and drive implementation.
6) Operations Oversight
7) Institutional Sales Oversight (manage a sales team selling hardware to institutions)
8) Tools & equipment Hire Sales Oversight (business development/sales on the hire side)
- At least 3-5 yrs experience in similar role
- Financial and commercial awareness
- The ability, drive and motivate to generate profitable new business
- Excellent inter-personal and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Marketing/sales experience in the industry with excellent customer relationship skills
- A strategic thinker
- Experience in the building and construction industry with understanding of related equipment
- Sense of urgency and entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to quickly adjust to changing priorities
- Ability to motivate and direct a team
- Understanding of business processes and operational requirements
- Graduate with a degree in related discipline
If you believe you qualify for this position, please send your CV and details of your current and expected remuneration to [email protected]
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.