TNS RMS East Africa Regional Coordinator Job in Kenya
Who I report to: Field Executive / Field Manager
He/ she will be responsible for conducting 10% back checks per Interviewer, per project and he/ she is overall accountable for the quality and integrity of the data of the work submitted by his/ her Team of Interviewers.
- Ensure delivery of project questionnaires/ survey and all related events on deadline. Deadline standard is 0.5% (An example: for 100 questionnaires you can only be late on ½ questionnaires. In summary zero lates are expected).
- Ensure quality standards are met on all projects. Quality standard is 4%. (An example: for 100 questionnaires you can only have errors/ omissions on 4 questionnaires).
- Accomplishes standard tasks within team structure to obtain determined outcomes
- Reports possible problems effectively, to the right stakeholders and takes proactive decisions as opposed to being reactive.
- Requests technical support / back up / by team members when required. This needs to be conducted proactively to ensure minimal impact on the project, sampling, deadline and quality.
- Suggests improvements to standard processes. Continuously search for ways to improve, become more efficient and improve Field and overall the company’s performance.
- Funds per project, ethically managed and controlled, reconciled and expensed on time, fraudulent activities reported and handled accordingly.
- Management and accountability of the CAPI devices (PDAs, Laptops, Tablets and so forth). Solely responsible for the usage and management of the CAPI devices utilised within his/ her Team. Loss of CAPI devices by a Team Member will see the Regional Coordinator being held completely responsible. IF unable to retrieve the CAPI device in situations of negligence by the Interviewer, the Regional Coordinator will be held liable for the value of the device.
- Allocation of quotas, as per the sample design, as indicated by the Field Manager/ Field Executive to the Interviewers.
- Briefing of the Interviewers on each and every project.
- Debriefing of the PAPI questionnaires and checking their accuracy prior to submission to TNS RMS Head Office.
- Reconciling the quotas allocated against the sample design to ensure all quotas are achieved as indicated.
- Training and up skilling of the Interviewer team to ensure that they are high skilled research Interviewers. To happen quarterly.
- Appraisals of Interviewers to be conducted twice annually (June and Nov).
- Manage a team of between 25- 40 interviewers working on multiple projects
- Support an environment of excellence by ensuring own performance is consistently optimal and deliver extraordinary results
- Helping with training and development of Interviewers, supported by his/ her Field Executive/ Field Manager.
- Constructively bring attention to issues of poor performance within team and suggest possible solutions.
- Performance management of team is expected where required. This is conducted, if required under the supervision and management of his/ her Field Executive/ Field Manager.
- Is appointed as a Custodian of company equipment and property such as PDAs, Tablets, Laptops and or digital cameras that are assigned to him/ her.
- Failure to care for company property in the manner required will result in the Regional Coordinator being liable for the value of the company property in question.
- The same responsibility is extended for his/ her Interviewers and their overall management of company property or equipment.
- Ability to motivate a team and ensure that delivery of quality standards is achieved on each and every project across all forms of research methodology.
- Strive to be a person of creativity and innovation, introducing new ideas and ways of being efficient and effective thereby saving the company time and money and improving the environment for Field.
- Seeks to support his/ her Field Executive/ Field Manager in building productive and beneficial inter-departmental relationships.
- Interact effectively with individuals from different levels, backgrounds and perspectives.
- Stand as the frontline representative of the Company in Field. Be professional, courteous, well groomed and informed.
- Representative of Field and Company with pilots and on the ground Client in field visits. ONLY THE BEST will be accepted.
- Maintains consistency under pressure
- Shows flexibility and adaptability
- Works cooperatively with others
Regular contact within department and more specifically with his/ her Field Executive/ Field Manager
The Knowledge and skills needed for success:
- Experience in market research and Fieldwork interviewing and management
- Quantitative Research Process
- Project Management
- Word, Excel, Internet application skills
- People Management
- Troubleshooting and Risk Management
- Team player
- Technical – as per job
- Detail focused
All applicant should include the position applied for in the subject of the email.