Ticketing Officer Job in Kenya
Purpose of the Job: This position in the airline industry can be considered entry level with an emphasis on previous customer service experience.
- Conduct in person/phone sales using ticketing software.
- Issuing of tickets using the ‘’Amadeus’’ ticketing software.
- Ensure that a sale of tickets is efficient and speedy.
- Organize and distribute “will-call” tickets.
- Describe venue layouts and seating locations.
- Call customers to advice of changes and/or cancellations; as may periodically be required.
- Respond to customer inquiries with accurate information.
- Provide superior customer service.
- Maintain a current working knowledge of all events, services, and procedures by reviewing event information sheets and posted or verbal communication.
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to resolve customer conflicts, should they arise.
- Deal professionally, courteously and tactfully with the public and coworkers.
- Flexibility to work nights, weekends and/or holidays when needed.
- Must be IATA accredited from a well recognized college/university.
- Proven customer service experience.
- Proficient in computer and ‘’Amadeus Ticketing Software’’
- Must be IATA accredited
- Friendly, courteous phone ethics.
- Cash management/POS experience required.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team setting.
- Previous experience with ticketing software an asset.