Third Party Insurance Legal Advisor Job in Nairobi Kenya
Company Profile: Our client is a leading provider of innovative, reliable and affordable motor insurance services backed by unmatched service for over 10 years in the transport industry.
- Providing accurate and timely legal opinions and advice on court and claims documentation from external and admissibility of court documentation from third party advocates.
- Legal strategy review for all cases proceeding in court.
- Auditing the quality of court presentation from our external advocates.
- Analysis of claims documents to detect fraud and providing advice on how to successfully have the suits dismissed through the court process.
- Liaison with external advocates, regulators and advisers.
- Approval of negotiation parameters for matters settled out of court and laying out negotiation strategy.
- Conducting technical and other relevant training and legal matters.
- To maintain highest level confidentiality concerning the sensitive ,strategic and integral legal & other information, data, decisions and developments taking place at the company.
- Ensuring that the highest quality and accurate legal advice is made available to inform and support all aspects of the company’s work.
- Provide support in compliance related matters and risk management
- Monitoring changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment, and advising the company on the impact of such changes.
- Providing advice on the legal effects on proposed changes on policy documents and preparing responses to consulting documents.
- Support the Directors and the Board of the Company to carry out their corporate governance and regulatory compliance responsibilities.
- Managing the relationship with specialist external legal firms and practitioners as required.
- Contributing to claim Committee Meeting discussion as and when required, and advising members of the legal implications of adoption of proposed policies.
- Contribution to Risk Committee by assisting in setting out strategy to eliminate fraudulent /blacklisted third parties including advocates and any other institutions engaged in aiding malpractice.
- Review and approval of Company contracts and agreements and identifying opportunities for efficiencies and improvements.
- Preparation of reports as and when required by Management.
- Advise the company on matters relating to labour laws
- Bachelor of Laws degree
- Diploma in Law from the Kenya School of Law
- Certified Public Secretary
- 15 years experience in industry preferably in the financial services sector or reputable law firm