Third Party Insurance Claims Administrator Job in Nairobi Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Jan 31, 2014
Job Title: Claims Administrator – Third Party Insurance
Reporting to: Claims Manager
Company Profile: Our client is a leading provider of innovative, reliable and affordable motor insurance services backed by unmatched service for over 10 years in the transport industry.
They seek to improve their services by employing professionals who are experts in the above vacancy.
- Manage and process all own damage claims coming in from insured and make sure they are finalised without delay and at the lowest market cost.
- Appoint Assessors and investigators within 24 hours of receipt of claim notification and to follow up on their reports for them to be ready within 48 hours of instructions.
- Follow up on progress of repairs of insured’s vehicles ensuring, all repairs are carried out professionally and in a cost effective manner.
- Create and maintain proper claim reserves and ensure that all reserves adjustment Journal Vouchers are forwarded to accounts within 24 hours.
- Conduct claim review and ensure that the system data of the claims is always accurate.
- Receive and critically analyse the Assessors and investigators reports within 24 hours of receipt and make recommendations thereof for approval by the Assessment/Claims Manager.
- Maintain a record of all salvages due for disposal and facilitate safe storage pending disposal.
- Co-ordinate with the Tender Committee to facilitate a speedy disposal of the salvages through the closed tender system.
- Handle correspondence with the insured and intermediaries.
- Pursue recovery of policy excess and claim documentation in compliance with the policy conditions.
- Receive all the claim documents in the system and ensure proper filing of the documents in the physical files.
- Detect and investigate fraudulent claims and collect proper evidence to effectively repudiate and/or defend such claims.
- Pursue recovery from third parties and/or third party insurers.
- Negotiate with third party insurers’, advocates and claimants.
- Handle customer enquiries on the company policy and the claims process and give accurate and relevant information on the same.
- Liaising with third party service providers in the claims handling system to ensure that fast and efficient service standards are maintained.
- Process invoices from external assessors, investigators and other service providers.
- Maintain and update a pricing record of spare parts for effective analysis of Assessors reports
- Prepare monthly claim reports for internal or external use as may be directed by the Company.
- Attend court for hearings as a witness in recovery proceedings.
- Any other duties that may be assigned
- Bachelors Degree in a relevant field
- Diploma/Certificate in Automotive Engineering.
- Diploma in Insurance.(mandatory for non-insurance degree holders)
- MS office skills
Knowledge and Experience
- At least two years working experience in motor insurance industry is compulsory.
- Must be conversant with names of motor vehicle body parts and the rates for parts and labour.
- Possess strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
- High moral and ethical standards with independence of mind and ability to defend his/her position on significant issues.
If interested send in your CV and application letter to [email protected] indicating the job position on the job title.