Third Party Insurance Assessment Manager Job in Kenya
Overall Job Purpose: The Assessment Manager will be in charge of the Assessment department and be responsible for effective management and processing of all own damage and third party property damage claims payable by the company under its contractual / policy obligations to its customers.
- Review and approve claims reserves (new and adjustments) and ensure that the Journal Vouchers are forwarded to Accounts within 24 hours of approval.
- Review and approve valuation reports and ensure that all vehicles proposed for insurance are both roadworthy and insurable.
- Review and approve assessor’s cash requisitions.
- Review and approve dispatch of correspondences and investigation & Assessment Instructions.
- Approve repair authority within 48 hours after receipt of the Assessment Reports
- Analyze and approve assessment and investigation reports.
- Analyze and Approve Third Party claims proposals on negotiations parameters.
- Review and approve own damage claims payments.
- Review and approve invoices from external assessors, investigators and other service providers.
- Vet and recommend the approval of the panel of garages, external assessors and salvage buyers.
- Be a member of the Salvage Tender Committee and ensure a speedy disposal of Salvages
- Review and approve claim files to ensure accuracy of data and reserve
- Review and approve closure of files.
- Provide monthly claim reports for internal and external use.
- Pursue recovery from third parties and/or third party insurers.
- Handle enquiries and approvals on payment of excess.
- Handle negotiations and customer complaints from the insured or intermediaries.
- Detect and investigate fraudulent claims and collect proper evidence to effectively repudiate and/or defend such claims
- Maintain and update a pricing record of spare parts for effective analysis of Assessors reports
- Attend court for hearings as a witness in recovery proceedings.
- Preparation of the system workflows and documents for the assessment department.
- Liaise with the HR & other departments in promoting the company’s values and policies.
- Prepare the Assessment department’s key performance indicators.
- Effectively manage the Department’s cash allocation/budget.
- Bachelors degree in a business related field or mechanical Engineering or related course from a recognized university
- Diploma course in Mechanical Engineering for holders of a business related degrees from a recognized institution
- Diploma in Insurance
- Five years progressive hands on working experience in motor insurance industry is compulsory, two of which must be at a supervisory/management position.