Tetra Tech ARD Chief of Party Job in Kenya – USAID KIWASH Program
Tetra Tech ARD, headquartered in Burlington, Vermont is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a potential Chief of Party position on a USAID-funded program in Kenya.
Position Description / Summary: USAID’s Kenya Integrated Wash Program (KIWASH)
Program Goal: at-scale adoption of sustainable models of WASH service delivery for a healthy, productive and resilient Kenya
- Institutionalize catalytic models of sustainable service delivery
- Strengthen governance for resilient and sustainable management of WASH services and water resources.
- Scaled up market-based WASH service delivery models
- Increased access to sustainable financing/credit for WASH services
- Improved access to integrated WASH and nutrition services
- Increased environmental sustainability of WASH services
- Strengthened WASH services and water resources institutions
- Manage the project’s implementation, including overall responsibility for personnel and efficient budgeting and financial management.
- Serve as the principal link between USAID, Tetra Tech, and other partners, including interactions with Government of Kenya officials and key figures in the water and wastewater sector; and
- Ensure quality and timely submittal of all project deliverables.
- Advanced degree in engineering, public administration/management, finance, or other relevant fields;
- Minimum fifteen (15) years of experience as a Chief of Party or Project Director/Manager on large donor-funded projects; experience on USAID-funded projects preferred.
- Minimum seven (7) years of experience with successful water, sanitation and hygiene projects or institutional strengthening programs;
- Demonstrated experience in institutional strengthening of institutions, capacity building, market based approaches to infrastructure planning, and public outreach;
- Demonstrated knowledge of management of local construction contracts;
- Professional experience in East Africa required; professional experience in Kenya preferred;
- Fluency in English required; knowledge of French highly desirable.
- Cover Letter
- CV in reverse chronological format
- A list of at least 3 professional references including name, contact information, and statement of relationship to the reference.
Apply on-line at:
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered.
Tetra Tech is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operations- in the U.S and overseas.