Tescom Group Civil Engineer Job in Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Feb 11, 2014
Tescom Group is a consortium of companies offering engineering services and solutions.
Tescom Group’s primary objective is to provide high quality products & services to a wide range of clientele in civil engineering, building & construction, telecommunication infrastructure and electricity infrastructure.
Tescom Group and its subsidiaries have been at the forefront in engineering projects in Eastern Africa for over 6 years.
We are looking for an ambitious Civil Engineer with a bias in telecommunication.
She/he will be based in Nairobi with frequent travel within and outside the country and will be reporting to the General Manager.
The key responsibilities:
- Managing the day to day operations of civil works teams within the allocated resources
- Ensuring all requests for civil works are thoroughly studied to establish technical and budgetary requirements.
- Perform Technical Site Surveys and Prepare Bill of Materials for civil works project.
- Represent the company in project Kickoff, Progress and closure meetings as required by customers
- Cost management for projects undertaken within agreed budget
- Civil works project planning, monitoring and reporting.
- Ensuring company resources both plant and human are well taken care of and accounted for at the end of the projects.
- Managing project teams.
- Provide technical advice, direction and support to civil works teams
- Take responsibility to ensure occupational health and safety procedures are adhered to
- Carry our work in accordance with the customer and industry standards.
- Organize work to ensure high quality standards
- Communicate effectively with the public, co-workers and management including use of emails and/or cell phones
- Account for cash issued and all materials delivered at site
- Ensure that unused project materials at end of project are returned to the customer.
- Ensure projects are handed over to the customers successfully.
- Proactive and aggressive
- A go- getter with attention to details
- Communication and Project management skills
- Efficient and innovative
- Diploma in Civil Engineering
- Holder of a valid driving license
- A course in project management from reputable institution shall be added advantage.
- Knowledge of auto card and experience in network rollout site builds will be an added advantage
- 2 years experience in telecommunication site builds including tower erection
For more information about us visit http://tescomgroup.com/
If interested kindly send a cover letter indicating current and expected remuneration and CV only to [email protected] indicating ‘CIVIL ENGINEER’ as the subject line by 19th February 2014.
Applications with multiple attachments and resumes from recruiting agencies will not be accepted.